PDA

View Full Version : 'AlphaSim Cockpit Load Times'

Panther_99FS
December 6th, 2008, 05:31
I think I've figured out why they take a bit to load....(Blackhawk/T-34)

And that's because there are SO MANY shared textures....I believe it was discussed here earlier that a single 4mb texture actually works a whole lot better than 20 1mb textures....

BananaBob
December 6th, 2008, 06:13
Yeah, on the T-34 I cut size of all the gauge textures in half and still no difference in loading time. :banghead:

DaveKDEN
December 6th, 2008, 06:17
I think I've figured out why they take a bit to load....(Blackhawk/T-34)

And that's because there are SO MANY shared textures....I believe it was discussed here earlier that a single 4mb texture actually works a whole lot better than 20 1mb textures....

Would copying the shared textures into the individual texture folders help when you run into these type of problems?

Panther_99FS
December 6th, 2008, 06:25
I don't think so Dave 'cause the sim still has to load them...:kilroy:

DaveKDEN
December 6th, 2008, 07:01
I don't think so Dave 'cause the sim still has to load them...:kilroy:

Kinda what I thought.

On another note, how do you like the new Carenado T-34 compared to the AS C model? I don't have the AS model, but am enjoying the FSX Carenado model immensly - and it's easy on framerates as well.

deimos256
December 6th, 2008, 07:29
to me this is the biggest downfall of AS, their craft fly great and look great but them cockpits are just painful to load

doublecool
December 6th, 2008, 07:30
AS T-34C Is a very very well done Plane...:applause::applause::applause:

Frame rate is good on first load of the Flight sim and the T-34C but if I load the t 34C after another plane has been flown the Frame rate almost cut in have ??? very odd

So when I fly the T34C I start the Sim Load the AS T-34C and thats OK...

I was hoping they would fix that:ernae:

lucas81
December 6th, 2008, 07:40
Very good point, Panther. The more textures, the more materials in the 3D model. It kills the performance.

deimos256
December 6th, 2008, 09:03
AS T-34C Is a very very well done Plane...:applause::applause::applause:

Frame rate is good on first load of the Flight sim and the T-34C but if I load the t 34C after another plane has been flown the Frame rate almost cut in have ??? very odd

So when I fly the T34C I start the Sim Load the AS T-34C and thats OK...

I was hoping they would fix that:ernae:

The same thing happened to me yesterday but i thought it was because i added scenery but after what you said it must be the plane

Mithrin
December 6th, 2008, 09:13
I didn't think I would be saying this but I think the AS cockpit is more functional and graphically more appealing than the Carenado one. Good job there.

I do hope they'll try to find a golden road for their texture loading 'problem' and that odd FPS problem with the Mentor.

Panther_99FS
December 6th, 2008, 09:19
I didn't think I would be saying this but I think the AS cockpit is more functional and graphically more appealing than the Carenado one. Good job there.

I agree 100%

Now if they could just reduce the load times, it would be perfect! :mixedsmi:

Panther_99FS
December 6th, 2008, 09:32
Very good point, Panther. The more textures, the more materials in the 3D model. It kills the performance.

Thanks Lukasz for the confirmation coming from a modeler such as yourself....:mixedsmi: