PDA

View Full Version : Active Sky Advanced Announcment

FAC257
December 6th, 2008, 04:34
I've been watching their live countdown clock on HiFi's main page for the last couple of days thinking that this AM I was going to be dragging out the credit card.

Turns out so far just to be a press release of the new Active Sky Advanced product.
http://www.hifisim.com/asa.php

Too bad....that credit card was starting to smoke already. :jump:

Good comparison table on this page of the product.
http://www.hifisim.com/asa_feature_compare.php

Sascha66
December 6th, 2008, 04:41
Which "competitive product" do they mean?:costumes:

MudMarine
December 6th, 2008, 05:31
Sounds cool!!:applause::jump:

jetstreamsky
December 6th, 2008, 05:43
I've been holding off updating the weather side of things for FSX until all these new add-ons settled down a bit, but now the ASA weather engine has hit the scene (well soon anyway), I know this is the way I'm taking, I've used ASV 6 in FS9 for years and what a huge difference it makes, the support offered is great and free updates across sub-versions were fairly frequent as improvements came along. A great product from a great company in my opinion.

This new FSX interface is a great step forward too and the vertical air simulation look interesting as Gliding is a joy in FSX with some extra apps installed, no mention of wave lift, but thermal and ridge lift are listed have to see how that compares to CumulsX and Simprobe. I wonder how the themals link to the scenery that would in real life generate them and whether they drift in the wind realistically? The Haze layer fix is very welcome too, nothing ruins the scene more than that airbourne silver lake default FSX generates, not to mention the default fsx turbulence effect making some aircraft almost impossible to fly.

That just leaves which textures, have to say the REX commentary has been pretty mixed so far, certainly not the killer app it was hyped to be, FEX still looks like a good bet, I shall have to look at that again against the XGraphics package before deciding.

harleyman
December 6th, 2008, 06:43
You do know that your AS6.5 engine will run FEX clouds in FSX?

I have done it and its very nice...

But it has no extras like thermal lift for gliding