PDA

View Full Version : .r8 texture files

Hooky722
April 30th, 2011, 09:59
Can Someone PLEASE tell me how to convert .r8 files back to .r8 files after editing I'm using DXT bitmap and they just save as bitmaps and don't show up in the sim someone must have come across this one before? any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Hooky

Desert Rat
April 30th, 2011, 10:47
go to Martin's site, http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm

look for Convr8, can't get a direct link to work, but look in 'CombatFS FS98/2000' on the left menu, then tools.

you'll probably need his .dll's to.

Jamie

Wing_Z
April 30th, 2011, 13:56
Wouldn't swear to this as it's been a while, but I think you can just rename a DXT1 BMP to r8.
Worth a try perhaps...

AndyG43
April 30th, 2011, 14:58
Can Someone PLEASE tell me how to convert .r8 files back to .r8 files after editing I'm using DXT bitmap and they just save as bitmaps and don't show up in the sim someone must have come across this one before? any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Hooky

Would this be connected with HMS Eagle by any chance? :jump:

Hooky722
May 1st, 2011, 03:03
no close though Andy, I found an old fs98 rendition of hms victorious circa 1965. models not that bad given its age (hull shapes about right not a square block!) but the textures let it down a bit and thats what I'm working on now just made a flattop afcad for it last night which is good enough to land on which could potentially take traffic as well who knows! its just the textures that need reworking. the package even has a macro with it to place with an object placer. (mind you its an old model i havent try'd it with rwy12 yet so dont know if it'll work

Hooky

Hooky722
May 1st, 2011, 05:04
Would this be connected with HMS Eagle by any chance? :jump:

Ideally Andy what I need for the eagle project is someone who can make some scenery macros for stuff like the 3d Radar, Turrets, radio mast and funnel that could then be placed with Rwy12 or EZ scenery at the correct points and correct elevation. same for Victorious.