PDA

View Full Version : QualityWings BAe146

arrowmaker
April 30th, 2011, 07:27
This looks like another quality release from, ahem, QualityWings. Really looking forward to this one. :jump:

Some nice shots on their forum:
http://forum.qwsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2797

And a teaser video to whet your appetite:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TE_jIGoNs08?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>

heywooood
April 30th, 2011, 12:48
it looks like a nice jet- the video highlights its details very well

thank you for posting the news :salute:

michael davies
May 1st, 2011, 04:56
Interesting, never heard of them, anyone know how their B757 is, frames and systems etc?, might be an alternative to these other kill your PC frame offerings?.

Best

Michael

skyhawka4m
May 1st, 2011, 05:26
I am actually looking to get the 757 since its one of my fav tubes.....it has very high reviews, and I've even seen some say its nicer than the CS bird especially in the FPS area.

Daveroo
May 1st, 2011, 08:17
looks fantastic to me..i love this plane rl,,,one of my favs,,,but even though this looks great outside...will it have a working "flyable" VC? so many of these "tubeliners" only have a 2d panel and i guess they expect you to just fly from outside and look at the pretty plane....

spotlope
May 1st, 2011, 13:39
As luck would have it, I just got their 757 a few days ago. So far, I really like it. It's not as detailed in the modeling/texturing in the VC as Captain Sim - nobody is, really, they're amazing at it - but it still looks great. Bear in mind that I'm not a hardcore tubeliner flier. I've lost track of how many times I've set out to learn a really deep systems sim like a PMDG aircraft, only to give up or lose interest due to lack of time. After studying up for a day or so, I've been able to complete my first end-to-end flight in the QW 757 without issue. Systems-wise, it seems deep enough to offer a challenge, but with enough shortcuts and simplifications to make it manageable for first-timers. I'm sort of looking at it as a stepping stone to the PMDG 737, whenever that appears. In the meantime, it's proving a good sim to get familiar with flight mgmt systems without driving me nuts with complexity.

As far as I'm concerned, it's highly recommended. By the way, one thing QW seems to excel at is documentation. The user manual for this bird is impressive; exhaustive but approachable, and written with the less-experienced in mind. It's one of the few manuals that I've enjoyed digging into.

spotlope
May 1st, 2011, 13:42
looks fantastic to me..i love this plane rl,,,one of my favs,,,but even though this looks great outside...will it have a working "flyable" VC? so many of these "tubeliners" only have a 2d panel and i guess they expect you to just fly from outside and look at the pretty plane....

Their 757 has a great VC for flying. I've done a couple of end-to-end flights without ever opening the 2D panel. They use a pop-up panel for the CDU, but I actually prefer that to trying to use those tiny keys on the VC version. Other than that, it's a very functional VC.

michael davies
May 1st, 2011, 15:07
Just downloaded the 757 manual, very nicely laid out and informative, I see a C-32 is in the package as well, thats a deal winner for me, I may pick this up in the next few days, it ticks many of my casual tubeliner flight boxes, CS, LevelD and the others just leave me cold with too much systems depth for fun and the resultant FPS drain, hopefully this'll be right in the middle ground.

Question for those that have purchased Qualitywings products, whats this eDS malarky, is it worth the extra bucks, surely you can save the files to DVD or hard drive for future installation, don't quite see the angle on this extra cost myself right now ?.
-
Best

Michael

arrowmaker
May 2nd, 2011, 00:00
One of the reasons I am looking forward to this release is because it will be the only BAe146 for FSX. I had my hopes raised in 2009 when IRIS released their AudioworX BAE 146-300 sound-pack with all indications that they were about to release an actual aircraft (IRIS Pro Series BAE 146-300). However it looks like this may now be on the back burner, if not abandoned outright.

Despite the sound-pack being quite cheap I didn't make a purchase myself, because I am waiting for a model with a functioning VC and not just a teaser aircraft. However if anyone out there wants a BAe146 and does not mind, what would appear to be a model with a simple 2D panel then this is what is currently available:

<object height="390" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WbmZUniOfys&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>

michael davies
May 2nd, 2011, 05:59
LOL, back then it looked like everyone was building 146's and none appeared, go figure :).

I believe Aerosoft has one in the works as well, but I have not seen any images or previews yet, I reckon it'll be shunted to one side as Qualitywings looks very well advanced at the moment.

Kindest

Michael