PDA

View Full Version : Dennie broke out of the slump EasyEd...

Cazzie
April 30th, 2011, 07:26
Reporting from the residence of the French-Canadian Spaniard Estaban Benet, former 2-inch GTX Formula 1 driver, we saw Dennie almost go flag to flag to win last night in the Nationwide race. He won a charity Celebrity/Pro Late-Model race Thursday night when Rowdy ran out of gas on the last lap. Fate.

Why hasn't Dennie been driving more Nationwide races? I think before it helped him get a feel of the track before going out in his Cup car. I think Gibbs should let him drive more Nationwide races on weekends that correspond with the Cup races and also on weekends that the Cup series is off and the Nationwide series is racing. I think Hamilin needs to do both to keep his driving edge.

But last night was homeboy night and he pretty much dominated. :applause:

Caz

stansdds
April 30th, 2011, 09:01
I agree, Denny seemed to do much better at tracks where he could also drive a Nationwide Series car.

EasyEd
April 30th, 2011, 12:25
Hey All,

Yup he won er under yellow. I guess a win is a win though. If Denny is better when he drives Nationwide on the same weekends and tracks as Cup just think how much better Jimmie would be - or does it work that way?

-Ed-

Cazzie
April 30th, 2011, 12:53
I just think Dennie's past track record shows he performs better on tracks in which he drives the Nationwide car also. JJ doesn't need too, I think if he had a choice, JJ would prefer to race some other race series than stock cars, like GrandAm or above.

Don't get wrong Ed, JJ is a fine diver, it's just that he is the Freddie Lorenzen of his day and good ol' Southern boys just don't like a fer'n driver, who gets a lot o luck. :icon_lol:

Caz, heading to the track soon with my mates, we're within walking distance.