PDA

View Full Version : Iris A-10 question

RobH
April 29th, 2011, 13:33
Since their forums are down, can anyone remember what sound files I need to change to stop the "Caution, Caution" that screams at me in the menu screen, and the grunt sound? I don't mind any of the other sounds, those just really get on my nerves, lol.

I had to do a complete FSX reinstall, and now I can't remember what I did before to remove them.

Thanks

RobH
April 29th, 2011, 15:11
Never mind, I found them:salute:

airattackimages
April 29th, 2011, 18:24
I've always wanted to get rid of the grunt myself, and never could find the file. What did you do?!??!! :salute:

peter12213
April 29th, 2011, 18:49
It's on the right panel! I will show you always on the right panel!!

OleBoy
April 29th, 2011, 19:09
I don't like jets, but bought that sucker when David put it on sale!! :icon_lol:

Daveroo
April 30th, 2011, 05:48
i csant get the damed thing to stay running...the engines just shut down on me after a few seconds...aggravatting

RobH
April 30th, 2011, 11:04
Airattackimages: Go into the folder IRIS A-10A Warthog-CL, open the panel folder, then open the folder A10-Audio. Look for the sound files named agsm_light.wav and agsm_heavy.wav. Just rename them. I just added a 'x' in front.

Daveroo: (Bear with me, I don't know all the proper lingo,lol) When the engines shut down, left click on both throttle levers. They should slide up, just a little. Then look to the rear of the left panel, that runs along the pilots left leg. There should be a switch, with a red cover on it. Open the cover and flip the switch. I can't remember right now what its called, but it will start the engines and they should keep running then. Good luck!

tankerguy72
April 30th, 2011, 17:02
I have to thank you for posting this! :applause: I got this awhile back but didnt fly it that much at all because those sounds were annoying as hell!!! Now i removed them its alot better!! thanks!

Daveroo
April 30th, 2011, 17:11
Airattackimages: Go into the folder IRIS A-10A Warthog-CL, open the panel folder, then open the folder A10-Audio. Look for the sound files named agsm_light.wav and agsm_heavy.wav. Just rename them. I just added a 'x' in front.

Daveroo: (Bear with me, I don't know all the proper lingo,lol) When the engines shut down, left click on both throttle levers. They should slide up, just a little. Then look to the rear of the left panel, that runs along the pilots left leg. There should be a switch, with a red cover on it. Open the cover and flip the switch. I can't remember right now what its called, but it will start the engines and they should keep running then. Good luck!
thank you..i shall do this