PDA

View Full Version : Lockheed Martin Licenses FSX for Military Simulation

rvn817j
April 29th, 2011, 10:31
(Sorry if this is was already discussed. I don't remember seeing it and thought the folks here might enjoy.) See article at link:

http://www.flyingmag.com/blogs/fly-wire/goodbye-flight-simulator-hello-microsoft-flight

Could be some lucrative (?) jobs at Lockheed for all you gifted FSX programmers. Good luck.:salute:

skyhawka4m
April 29th, 2011, 11:06
this says it all for me....as quotes from the ariticle

" I’m not sure if I’ll buy the game, though. Judging by those preview videos, the software looks as though it will require a Windows 7-compatible computer running a plutonium-powered processor and at least several terabytes of memory. Anyway, the designers haven’t said when the new software will be out, so we’ll see if I’m compelled to buy a new PC just to play one game."

N2056
April 29th, 2011, 11:16
He's not exactly up-to-date on current events!

stiz
April 29th, 2011, 14:42
and anyway, they didnt license FSX at all, it was ESP or Prepar3D as its known nowadays ;)

GB
April 29th, 2011, 14:51
What "Stiz" said ! MS still has FSX
microsoft.com / games / flightsimulatorx

Phantom88
April 29th, 2011, 15:07
God Help Us if The Government actually signs a defence contract to train pilots via FSX.The CTD would Eat the whole budget!!:icon_lol:
THX for the info!

n4gix
April 29th, 2011, 15:45
He's not exactly up-to-date on current events!

The author is an idiot. First he's over a year late with regards to L-M, but he's even wrong about what L-M actually did!

L-M licensed the now defunct ESP1 code base, with rights to re-write as much of it as necessary for the customer's needs.

Further, Prepar3D has been available now for almost six months. In fact, v1.1 was released just a few weeks ago. The commercial version is considerably improved over FSX.

Developer's (which means darn near anyone!) can license two seats for $9.95/month, or purchase a one seat license for $499.