PDA

View Full Version : Mission Builder Help

bobhegf
April 28th, 2011, 21:22
I did a reinstall of CFS2 but can`t find the Mission Builder icon. I did a complete install.Where do I look and what do I do. I would like to also do more than one install of CFS to different theaters such as Pacific ,US, hawaii and midway.

Pen32Win
April 28th, 2011, 22:28
Howdy Bob;

The short cut to the MB is pointed to the same location as your CFS2.exe, the only difference is that there is an application switch in it.....

Copy or create a shortcut to you CFS2.exe
Right click on it and select Properties.
At the end of the Target Entry you'll see \cfs2.exe"

now add " /BUILDER" to it... It will look like this \cfs2.exe" /BUILDER

Yes there is a space between the " and the /....

Then just rename it... I have 5 of them, one for each of my installs.

bobhegf
April 29th, 2011, 14:05
Where is the exe file located in the cfs2 folder

bobhegf
April 29th, 2011, 15:07
I did another reinstall and now the higest resolation I can get is only 1280x1024x3.What is going on with this thing. The more I try to correct one problem the more problems that show up.It started out with a flashing 2D panal then I couldn`t find the mission Builder shot cut and now this .I havn`t been able to correct any of the problems. I had no problems with CFS2 untill I went on line and tried to D\L some free paint programs and then all hell broke lose.

Cody Coyote
April 29th, 2011, 19:43
Bob, try using the System Restore built into Windows (including Vista Home Premium) and roll your system back to a point before the trouble began. Go to Start - Control Panel - Backup and Restore Center - Repair Windows using System Restore. Follow the prompts and see if that fixes it.

You just seem to be digging yourself in deeper and deeper with these reinstalls.

Shadow Wolf 07
April 30th, 2011, 04:27
I did a reinstall of CFS2 but can`t find the Mission Builder icon. I did a complete install.Where do I look and what do I do. I would like to also do more than one install of CFS to different theaters such as Pacific ,US, hawaii and midway.

Did you try the obvious: accessing it via the Start/Programs/Microsoft Games/CFS2 menue?

bobhegf
April 30th, 2011, 16:08
I did a windows restore and loaded CFS2. That fixed the problem so fare.I had desktop icon to the mission builder and all was well.i cut off the pc and later cut it back on and had no icon the the mission builder.I have done everything suggested but up to now nothing works.Shadow Wolf I did what you suggested but still no go as fare as an icon on the desk top

bobhegf
April 30th, 2011, 20:21
Everytime I try to add /builder to a copy of the CFS2.exe it comes up as an invalid entery. I have never gotten anything like this to work.

Pen32Win
May 1st, 2011, 01:08
Don't make a copy of it Bob, make a shortcut to it.

simonu
May 1st, 2011, 18:58
You did a system restore and fixed the flashing panel problem Bob, you did great.

Can you see file name suffixes like the exe part of CFS2.exe?

Right click CFS2.EXE and select "create shortcut" or "send to desktop" which creates a shortcut on your desktop

Rightclick the shortcut! select properties, as Pen32 says Edit the "TARGET" line so it says
\the\location\of\cfs2.exe" /BUILDER

Thus you could have installed CFS2 to
C:\Users\Bob\My Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\PTO\CFS2.exe
and to
C:\Users\Bob\My Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\ETO\CFS2.exe
and you would make a shortcut to each

As an aside a batch file can be used to pass the /Builder switch as well

Just create a new txt file in the CFS2 root folder and type in
CFS2.exe /BUILDER
save the file as StartMissionBuilder.bat double click it
or right click and Run as Administrator

Ian Astill
May 2nd, 2011, 02:40
I know this has come up previously, but I should just add that the above fix (editing the target line) only works for me when I type in

"\CFS2 (ETO 1)\cfs2.exe" /BUILDER:

I'm not sure how the colon makes a difference as other people seem to do fine without it, but with the current situation you have it may at least be worth a try