PDA

View Full Version : Thames Trouble

Ravenna
April 28th, 2011, 17:36
I thought that I had the scenery for the Greater London area all sorted, but I now find that the Thames east of the city "spills over" Simon's river banks. I've included a couple of screenies to illustrate. I've been through all Sanders' and Simon's files for Eurw, deleted relevent filelists and checked the rest of the Thames and the London landmarks. Everything else is where it should be.
Any thoughts on what I'm missing?

Many thanks,
Mike

Rami
April 28th, 2011, 19:47
Ravenna,

One of the things I did to streamline this process is...in the new library in the CFS2 scenery section, Sander's Eurw package (either single or in four smaller parts) have Simonu's Thames River extension integrated into those files. From my experience, it worked much better that way than in a separate layer.

Ravenna
April 29th, 2011, 15:55
Hi Rami,
Yes I did integrate Simonu's thames files into Sander's Eurw package. For the most part it gives a smooth result, but downriver from the Naval Hospital at Greenwich I have the textures you can see in my screenies. Is there a way to fix this?

I've also just noticed the pale line across the landscape at the top of my "Thames 3" screen shot. Have I missed a file which removes this line?

thanks

CrisGer
April 30th, 2011, 08:31
I am going to have to try that new set up Rami, i had trouble with my Thames too on my last try... will hope the new combined files will solve that..as the river ended in sharp line at the channel and it looked really weird. It may have been because I was trying one of the eurw variants with grayer water.

Ravenna
May 1st, 2011, 17:43
:bump::bump::bump:

Rami
May 1st, 2011, 18:17
Ravenna,

Sorry...kinda booked solid until Tuesday, I will get to this as soon as I can.

simonu
May 1st, 2011, 18:18
Hi all, looks like Rhumbas water for the area underlaying, my thames file. It was built on FS2002 LWM and roughly match Sanders files only. Sanders exludes need to be activated to hide the Rhumba LWM. There are a few clitches in Sanders roads, (it is a beta file after all). There will be a new version of the Thames that will match Rhumba world much better. I want have a go at getting the marshes, islands and sand bars of the estuary looking just so.

CrisGer
May 2nd, 2011, 07:39
That sounds great thanks for the efforts.:kilroy:

Ravenna
May 2nd, 2011, 18:34
Many thanks Simon. I'll have a look at that right away!
:ernae:

Ravenna
May 2nd, 2011, 19:52
Thanks again Simon. It looks as though I had a much older set of excludes, some of which were overwritten when I added the set from the Outhouse library.

:ernae:

Collin
May 3rd, 2011, 07:00
I think someone made one set at low tide and someone else made another set at high tide and you mixed the two.....:icon_lol:

Wonder if that would work.....:kilroy:

regards Collin:ernae:

CrisGer
May 3rd, 2011, 08:22
Wow Colin i never thought of that possiblity. amazing. well, lets see if it does..... i have given up on London in the past because of this seeminly unsolvalble problem as I wanted to add barrage ballons and search lights, ships at the docks and in the river, the off shore forts:kilroy:, and some trains and other stuff to get a fuller war time London