PDA

View Full Version : Thorp Update 12/5

N2056
December 5th, 2008, 22:06
After much consideration and given that in FSX polycount is not the performance limiter that it used to be I decided that some things in the cockpit could look better...so now the screw heads are 3d, along with the pop rivets and fasteners that hold the windshield in. :)

Sean Doran
December 5th, 2008, 22:10
WOW very nice work:medals::medals:

stiz
December 5th, 2008, 23:44
After much consideration and given that in FSX polycount is not the performance limiter that it used to be

yup its the textures which hit performance now :jump:

tigisfat
December 6th, 2008, 02:26
IT's very possible that you're the only person on the planet who's building/built a thorp MSFS model and a real one. I don't even know if thorp is still around, but have you contacted them?

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 6th, 2008, 03:38
Looking foreward to trying this baby out and it looks nearly ready, it will be sharing garage space on my hard drive with Pete.. ceptin Pete wont be tied to the rafters...like in real life

N2056
December 6th, 2008, 09:26
IT's very possible that you're the only person on the planet who's building/built a thorp MSFS model and a real one. I don't even know if thorp is still around, but have you contacted them?

John Thorp passed away some time ago, and a company called Eklund Engineering now sells the plans (and they are good quality) for $330. I must clarify that it's my Dad that built the Thorps...I have a lot of time flying in them :costumes:
I did a lot of work building the real Pete, which in fact has been fixed up & back in the air for awhile :)

The design is still very popular, and there are many Thorps being built today. Here's a link to pics of a Thorp gathering held recently in Porterville, CA.

http://www.classicsportaircraft.com/Galleries/2008%20Thorp%20Fly%20In/index.htm