PDA

View Full Version : Latest & Greatest...

Cloud9Gal
April 27th, 2011, 17:47
in the fight against germs.

Introducing the new "X-Grip Sanitizer"!!

The X-Grip Wiper is a sanitizer that zaps the germs which inhabit the filthy handles of shopping carts. Click on the link to see the actual gadget.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/04/x-grip-sterilizes-foul-shopping-cart-handles/

http://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2523/2523130txqbioo9qh.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

rayrey10
April 27th, 2011, 17:50
Sign me up!!! :bump:

Cloud9Gal
April 27th, 2011, 18:06
Sign me up!!! :bump:

Same here Ray! I would be one of the ones to pay my quarter in order to get that cart handle sanitized.

http://dl7.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1236/1236057qd9orpxyzi.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

johnh_049
April 27th, 2011, 18:33
coin operated shopping carts?
I don't think so

Wing_Z
April 27th, 2011, 19:16
Public John! Who is this fellow, and why is he contaminating our shopping carts?
Why, he's keeping our immune systems healthy by introducing all kinds of new bugs to recognize, and deal with!

If you're serious about not ingesting all sorts of bugs, there is a Golden Rule (told to me by a health care professional):
Do not touch your face!
You have all sorts of attractive apertures on your head, and once transferred from your hands, the bugs will get in!
If you must touch your face, wash your hands thoroughly first!

It's just our good luck that the really bad diseases are not airborne - yet.

Naismith
April 27th, 2011, 20:45
I was in Costco today and the young woman ahead of me with her brood had 1 y/old twins in the cart seat, one was munching on the handrail. She of course was more interested in her cellphone than parenting.

GT182
April 28th, 2011, 17:19
I don't think so

Oh they do exist... tho not as much as they did back in the 80s and 90s. At least they helped keep your car safer. You want yer quater back... then put the cart where it belongs. And diesn't mean in the side of my car or where they don't belong.

The only benefit of not having coin operated shopping carts is jobs. Someone has to fetch them from down the street or your front yard. LOL

aeromed202
April 28th, 2011, 17:32
I think history will show that these 99.9% germ killers in soft soap and such will be our undoing. That 0.01% will always come back more resistant. It's better to wash often with just soap and water and let some of the harmless buggers have their home. Their presence often keeps worse things from taking up residence. And yes, avoid hand to moist area transference, like eyes and lips.

Willy
April 28th, 2011, 20:17
I always figured that if you're killing the germs off before they get to you, then how are you going to develop resistance and natural immunity to them? A little dirt is good for you.

HouseHobbit
April 28th, 2011, 21:58
Hobbits have enough germs to Kill most humans anyway.. :icon_lol:
So I don't worry about any of this..:a1310:
Hey, if your feet were covered in fur you would not have be concerned either..:icon_eek:

TARPSBird
April 28th, 2011, 23:22
Went to dinner with the wife last night (early birthday celebration) and noticed an interesting gadget in the men's room. It was a hand-wave motion sensor that opens the entrance door automatically when you leave, so you don't have to touch the door handle with your (hopefully) freshly-washed paws. Nice feature for germophobic folks. :rolleyes:

stiz
April 29th, 2011, 07:40
I don't think so

all of our shopping trollys are pound coin operated with the clip system thing. Slot another clip from the trolly infront to get your pound coin (or pound coin shaped piece of metal) back. :)

kilo delta
April 29th, 2011, 09:34
Oh they do exist... tho not as much as they did back in the 80s and 90s. At least they helped keep your car safer. You want yer quater back... then put the cart where it belongs. And diesn't mean in the side of my car or where they don't belong.

The only benefit of not having coin operated shopping carts is jobs. Someone has to fetch them from down the street or your front yard. LOL

Some of the less desirable areas in this part of the world have found a novel use for the shopping trolleys ...

cqMJacDl_SQ

:kilroy:

kilo delta
April 29th, 2011, 09:38
Went to dinner with the wife last night (early birthday celebration) and noticed an interesting gadget in the men's room. It was a hand-wave motion sensor that opens the entrance door automatically when you leave, so you don't have to touch the door handle with your (hopefully) freshly-washed paws. Nice feature for germophobic folks. :rolleyes:

My Mrs bought these new Dettol motion activated soap dispensers for the kids bathrooms. A complete gimmick....I mean what's the point?? Even if you were to use the old manual pump dispenser you still wash your hands AFTER you've used it!:icon_lol:

Ferry_vO
April 29th, 2011, 09:46
Apparently there are more germs on the steering wheel of your car than on your toilet bowl...

kilo delta
April 29th, 2011, 10:01
Apparently there are more germs on the steering wheel of your car than on your toilet bowl...

Fascinating!

*runs off to order some driving gloves* :running::icon_lol:

luckydog
April 29th, 2011, 13:12
I always take precautions when I drink out of the toilet.............

HouseHobbit
April 30th, 2011, 11:46
I always take precautions when I drink out of the toilet.............

This is Too COOL..:applause:

Thanks, I am on the floor here..

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

luckydog
April 30th, 2011, 20:12
This is Too COOL..:applause:

Thanks, I am on the floor here..

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Yep, Mr. Hobbit........they are an excellent idea and I use them faithfully......
They're called "Uncle Nipper's Sani-Sippers", and are available at finer pet stores everywhere.

.......and GET OFF the FLOOR !! There's germs down there !!!!!!!!!

LD

Cag40Navy
April 30th, 2011, 20:32
Yep, Mr. Hobbit........they are an excellent idea and I use them faithfully......
They're called "Uncle Nipper's Sani-Sippers", and are available at finer pet stores everywhere.

.......and GET OFF the FLOOR !! There's germs down there !!!!!!!!!

LD
Maybe he will meet is smaller cousins the dust hobbits. Often mistakenly referred to as the dust bunny.

Tom Clayton
May 1st, 2011, 08:31

The best thing is to have the hand-wash sink outside the restroom:

Step out of restroom and notice several people looking to see if you wash up.
Turn on water, lather up and rinse - don't turn off water yet.
Use motion sensor towel dispenser.
Dry hands.
Use the towel that's still in your hands to turn off faucet.
I've acutally seen a small diner that was set up this way.