PDA

View Full Version : Pureflight-Simulations

phrog_phixer
April 27th, 2011, 17:45
Years back I had purchased the Gee Bee 'R1' and 'Z' from Pureflight-Simulations. These were lost in a HD crash about 3 years ago. I was able to find my R1 on backup disks, but not the Z. A search for the website comes up nada (I suppose they shut down). Does anyone know how I could obtain the Z?

phrog_phixer
April 28th, 2011, 17:36
Anyone...?

OleBoy
April 29th, 2011, 14:09
If the website is in fact off the radar, short of you backing them up to prevent loss, I don't see what other solution is available. Unless by chance there is contact info inside the one you have. A long shot but who knows.

I have two of their bi-planes. Pitts S2 and Ultimate Bipe if I recall correctly.
....Makes me wonder if they might work in FSX

Sunny9850
April 29th, 2011, 19:16
http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=99404

That's Warwick Carter's version of the Z available at Flightim.com
Not the same as your lost pay ware maybe, but the same model...and available for the other sim as well
:ernae:
Stefan

magoo
April 29th, 2011, 19:57
If it's any consolation, just about the entire Granville Bros. production was created for FS9 by Mick Morrissey and David Wooster. Just search "Gee Bee" at Flightsim, they'll all turn up, complete with a 1930's scenery of Springfield Airport. It must have been a huge task to create them all, it is a set of high calibre work.

I think Mr. Morrissey put the files into the library here, but I can't remember his forum name, thus the search function here slaps my face for poor memory.

It's nice to know that with a few downloads.....one can have some sundry Gee Bees flying out the yinyang. Just like that!

johnr
May 1st, 2011, 08:23
It seems Virtavia (AlphaSim) has rereleased its GEE BEE racer..

http://www.flightsim.com/main/review/geebee.htm

Kind regards

John

phrog_phixer
May 1st, 2011, 09:38
Thank you OleBoy, Sunny9850, magoo and johnr for your replies! I installed the entire Granville Bros. production by Mick Morrissey and David Wooster this morning and it is incredible. Now I can test fly these wonderful golden age aircraft any time, including my Pureflight R1.

It is a pity that Pureflight-Simulations is no more - I had hoped to get a copy of their Pitts also. Warrwick Carter's 'Z' Model is outstanding!!! I truly appreciate everyone's suggestions.