PDA

View Full Version : F-101B Voodoo

Wings of Gold
April 27th, 2011, 11:05
We have had some wonderful work done for the recent Virtavia\Alphasim Phantoms and Lightnings. We now have Phil's freeware Voodoo B model interceptor. It port's over wonderfully into FSX. This aircraft just cries for the same type of attention given to the E.E. Lightning on this forum. Few people appear to realize that the F-101B was the Air Defense Command principal interceptor for many years. That's your excuse to break all the rules and push it to the limit (all other traffic is diverted when you scramble). As such there were many USAF (and Canadian) 101B squadrons. Although we have some excellent Canadian textures, there are only two USAF ones. This aircraft had longer afterburners, and was the Hot Rocket of it's day. I have modified FDE to contribute to the cause, if we can just get some interest in an FSX upgrade for this superb free release.

Bill

Naismith
April 27th, 2011, 11:46
Seconded.

fsafranek
April 27th, 2011, 11:58
Sadly the Alphasim Voodoo used the Concorde's nose animation to rotate the missile bay on the F-101B so that won't be working.

Based on this thread (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?3527-CF-101B-Voodoo) some work has been done by Rick Rutherford (aka RCAF_Gunner). Did a quick search at avsim and found a few repaints (searched "voodoo") as well as the FSX update:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=f101fsx_ud.zip

Seem to recall Falcon409 was doing some work on the Voodoo last year.
:ernae:

PutPut
April 27th, 2011, 12:04
Are we talking the recent freeware releases? I put them in my FSX Acceleration system and they both showed all stretched out in the horizontal axis. I haven't tried MdlConvX or anything else. Like to know how you got them to show correctly.

Best, Paul

P.S. They both show correctly in FS9.

hschuit
April 27th, 2011, 12:27
Are we talking the recent freeware releases? I put them in my FSX Acceleration system and they both showed all stretched out in the horizontal axis. I haven't tried MdlConvX or anything else. Like to know how you got them to show correctly.

Best, Paul

P.S. They both show correctly in FS9.

Paul, try this: Open the panel.cfg file, find the line render_3d_window=1 and delete it.

PutPut
April 27th, 2011, 13:03
Paul, try this: Open the panel.cfg file, find the line render_3d_window=1 and delete it.

Thanks a bunch; that did the trick. I put a copy of your fix in my "Tips and Tricks" folder since it was new to me.

Best, Paul

Sundog
April 27th, 2011, 14:49
I was working on an FDE update a couple of years back that I lost in a crash. I have a copy of one of the development air files I was working on somewhere. I could also post all of the actual flight data I was using for reference to get the acceleration accurate. If anyone is interested.

fsafranek
April 27th, 2011, 17:38
Here's the link to the thread Falcon409 started on the F-101.
Might be something useful in here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?40694-F-101-Voodoo
:ernae: