PDA

View Full Version : CFS2 has Gone NUTS

bobhegf
April 26th, 2011, 01:13
The problem is the 2D panal. I can`t get the darn thing to work the way it is sopose to. What happens is every time I turn on ant active program such as the tact display or use the brakes on the ground I lose the 2D panal. HELP Thies are the programs I have added. Wolf`s missions , Adoby Flash player, Gimp and Pixia two paint programs along with an MS program that check for internet problems spam spyware and viruses.I also noticed that when I use the Tac display and someone is shot down insted of saying i am bailing out it says I have to eject on the radio and in the messiage program. I have tried everything I can think of but nothing works.I don`t use the 2D panal accept to change fuel tanks but I do have some nice panals in some of my planes that I do use and all they do is flash.I am running Vista home prem. I have the ADmin cutoff so that is not the problem. I cut it on but still had the same problem.

Fibber
April 26th, 2011, 04:58
"...i am bailing out it says I have to eject on the radio " I am not really cognizant on the inner workings of the game but I would look at any recent add-ons that you made, especially one that pertains to 1950's aircraft and up. That phrase came with the introduction of the jet and the necessary "assisted exit" seat. Maybe something has gotten misplaced?

bobhegf
April 26th, 2011, 12:58
Here are some pics of what I am talking about. Last night I uninstalled all the programs that I had installed but Pixia. Everything was back to normal. This morning I went to work on a mission and it was doing the same thing it was doing before.This is what I am talking about.

bearcat241
April 26th, 2011, 13:46
Wish i could help Bob, but i don't have Vista and i personally don't bother with CFS2 in my Windows 7 OS, for reasons like your own problem. For me, CFS2 only runs in my XP install. XP seems to be a more stable and predictable platform for CFS2.

On a side note, what panel (and model) is that you're using? That's a slick setup you have there...excellent gauge work.

bobhegf
April 26th, 2011, 15:47
One is the stock F6F the other is from FS2000 I think.I think I have XP but I am not sure it is the full version.Up untill I tried to to add 2 paint programs and a free soft ware program to Vista I had no problems with CFS2, it ran like a charm.I have unistalled all but Pixia my paint program so I guess that is next to go.

bearcat241
April 26th, 2011, 18:30
Yeah, i know the Hellcat panel. I was talking about the seaplane panel. I'm not sure what a "non-full" version of XP would look like, buddy. Did you mean an "upgrade" disk perhaps?

BTW, those programs that "altered" your system have done their damage, even if you uninstall them now. Unless you know how to safely purge a registry of every trace of an uninstalled program, the uninstalled programs can still leave permanent orphan entries in the registry which could continue to affect the system. IMO, Vista is like a wrong turn for gaming in CFS2, man. Find your way back to XP Pro if possible, or try moving to Win7 32bit.

Fibber
April 26th, 2011, 18:47
"a free soft ware program.." Where did that thing come from? That is what may be causing the problem. It may have changed some configs on you. I am not familiar witVista, does it have a "restore" section?

bobhegf
April 26th, 2011, 19:03
Yes but I don`t have it set up.It seems that it is another window on the pc but not sure.

demorier
April 26th, 2011, 22:31
It's kind of like something that has been installed is running in the background/or not on screen at all and is using your keys that toggle things in CFS2. Maybe open task manager and see if any other applications are running at the same time (maybe in the background). I run Vista 32bit with none of those hassles.

bobhegf
April 27th, 2011, 19:54
A pop-up says that I have a bad module, I dont see what that has to do with it but I am going to check. Anyone have any ideasalong this line.

bobhegf
April 27th, 2011, 22:19
I have just uninstalled CFS2 and then done a reinstall. It is still doing the same thing, flashing the 2D panal.I can`t figure it out,also I tried to uninstall Pixia and got a 5005 area, so now I can`t uninstill that.I think I am going to just give up on flight simming it is getting to be a real pain in the A and not much fun anymore.I can`t get a good paint program that is free because I can`t afford to buy one and the one I like, Pixia, just screwed up my pc.It is just not worth the problems I am having.If someone can`t help I am finished.The error 5005 is a run time error. This is what is keeping me from uninstalling Pixia

bearcat241
April 27th, 2011, 23:42
Your frustration is understandable Bob, but this is general computing we're talking about here. There's always a glitch or two to contend with when you toss a number of programs into a basket and shake it up. Some just don't get along well with others. Don't give up so easily.

What you have is an uninstall error that occurs when your undesired program's uninstaller is broken for whatever reasons. Maybe is was something you did wrong when attempting the uninstall process. This might be a good time to find a good third-party uninstaller program that can take over this function from Windows and get the job done with zero errors, while also cleaning the system registry of all traces for you in the process.

Read this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090818210229AAkCe70

At the very least, you'll learn something new about troubleshooting computers...

simonu
April 27th, 2011, 23:43
Bob if I may suggest... for free software try downloading a Ubuntu disk image and burning it to CD. Then you can try a whole free operating system including a host of programs for doing everything you can do in windows but without paying a cent or indeed changing anything on your hard disk. You can run it all from CD, or install it inside windowsor install it alongside windows. Ubuntu is linux for non geeks it is really very good I recomend it to all the silver surfers in my village. The defacto linux graphic program Gimp has been ported for windows and works well. I have it working on Win7 it does more than Photoshop5 and is fairly intuative.

As for your CFS2 problems, maybe you should take a break from it. They do say absence makes the heart grow fonder. But remember the old uninstall reinstall routine is not a guaranteed way of fixing problems with CFS2 because the unistaller is messy and doesn't clear out all the files. Moving or renaming a defective install so as to create a new install works much better.
Have you modified the flight files in \Situatio ? Are you running any extra modules like FSUIC FSconnect CFOweather ? Check the properties of CFS2.cfg has it some how become readonly?
Does the problem occur only in full screen or does it happen in windowed mode as well?

These are just a few of the debug questions I ask myself when I find a new way to screw up CFS2...

demorier
April 27th, 2011, 23:53
Just reading a bit of stuff on the net about the Pixia program...sounds very dodgy. I'd be doing whatever I could to get rid of it completely before I went any further.

bobhegf
April 28th, 2011, 17:24
I now have a new problem. I had to unplug the pc because of some real bad stormes in the area.I had forgotten to take out the CFS2 CD #2 before unpluging it . When I pluged it back in it started to beep so I took out the CFS2 dvd but the darn thing is still beeping and everytime it does the on/off button flashes.Iaam getting real tiredof computers that don`t work. For almost a year I had this pc up and running but not on lone line and that included running CFS2. All my problems started once I put it online. This isn`t worth a darn and I am being really, really, really , really, really nice about how I fell about computers as of now.

PS change the rn in darn to an m and you are getting closser to how i feel.I really need someone to walk me through the process to correct thies problems if they can be corrected. Ihave an old XP recoverry disk as well as a vista recovery disk.

bobhegf
April 28th, 2011, 17:41
Simonu, can you give me more details about how you go about using Unbutu and if I changed to Linux can I still run CFS? I have a friend of mine who runs Linux and he loves it.His son turned him on to the program and does all his pc work but his son lives in another state so getting help from him is out.I live on a very small fixed income so I don`t have the money to waist to fix this thing to play a game or to just get on the internet.

demorier
May 1st, 2011, 01:15
I find giving the things a good bashing when they are playing up helps....it won't fix the problem but you'll feel better.:running:

simonu
May 1st, 2011, 17:58
Bob Ubuntu is an operating system, it is an alternative to windows. you cannot use it to run windows programs like CFS2 directly. You can download a reasonably good flight simulator, there are some arcade style combat flight sims Which I haven't tried so I couldn't give judgement other than "better than I could do"

What you do is go to the Ubuntu web site http://www.ubuntu.com/ and download a cd "disk image" this is a file of about 650mB which is used to make a bootable CD. There are also images for a DVD and even a USB flash drive. The CD is simplest but you need to be able to burn a CD. If you don't have a CD writer get your friends lad to send you a ubuntu live CD.

Its called a live CD because it can run the operating system from the CD without having to install anything. You just stick the disk in the tray and restart the computer.

bobhegf
May 3rd, 2011, 15:40
Simonu,My friend`s son told his dad about the program and D/L the program. He then partishend his hare drive and put Ubuntu in one section and windows, I think Vista ,on the other section.He runs ubuntu on the net and his windows OS when not on the net.He highly recomends doing this and using this program just as you did.I didn`t know he was also runing it untill yesterday. I ended up with a real nasty virus called MS Removing tool.It attacks all the exe files and you can`t do anything on your pc.A real nice fellow from Suddenlink was very helpfull in helping me learn somthing about how to use the windows bios.