PDA

View Full Version : Adding Aircraft to Defualt Campain.

hpat
April 24th, 2011, 18:03
just a question, how would i add extra aircraft i have downloaded into the "fortress Europa" campaign? i've tried modding the fortress Europa XML file under the tech. tree so my new entrie looks a bit like this:

<Aircraft Type="GC_bf109g14">
<Date Month="5" Year="1936"/>
</Aircraft>
But when i load the campaign a message comes up saying 'unknown aircraft type:"GC_bf109g14"'

How could i make this work?

Harley Paterson

Daiwilletti
April 25th, 2011, 00:29
just a question, how would i add extra aircraft i have downloaded into the "fortress Europa" campaign? i've tried modding the fortress Europa XML file under the tech. tree so my new entrie looks a bit like this:

<Aircraft Type="GC_bf109g14">
<Date Month="5" Year="1936"/>
</Aircraft>
But when i load the campaign a message comes up saying 'unknown aircraft type:"GC_bf109g14"'

How could i make this work?

Harley Paterson
Hi Harley, the attempt was pretty good - but the bf109g14 was not available for campaign work in May 1936. You either have to select a plane whose start date (as defined in the aircraft's xdp file) is prior to May 1936, or else modify the techtree date for the 109 to some time AFTER the aircraft enters service - check the 109's xdp - I suspect for a g14 it will be late 1944 or early 1945?

HTH,
David

Daiwilletti
April 25th, 2011, 00:34
Oops I forgot to mention that the aircraft type should be the name that is given on the aircraft's xdp file - so for example for an aircraft xdp called "bf_109_E1.xdp" the aircraft entry name in the Techtree should be "bf_109_E1". so check that you have the name correct also. Also watch out for the day/month/year thing in the entered service date in the xdp file. I'm used to the British system - dd/mm/yy but some xdps seem to be formatted mm/dd/yy. For the Techtree you only need month and year but you can still get a bit tangled.

The Techtree entry can be any month on or AFTER the entered service month.
cheers,
D

popsaka
April 25th, 2011, 07:22
...yeah, what he said... but to be extra sure, CFS3 always looks for the model name...
............for instance:'DL_Bf109g-14_Black4's model name is:'DL_109g-14_B4.m3d' only you leave off the ''.m3d''.
Now this aircraft does not appear 'till '07/01/1944' (as found in its *.xdp file ), but if you must have it available before that time you can edit/change it to the year in question with a file like 'Notepad' or any text editor, but first back up the original *.xdp file (always a good idea lest sumpin goes terribly wrong):icon_eek: I hope I haven't just made things more confusing for ya...
...cheers:engel016:

hpat
April 27th, 2011, 16:22
Thanks for that, will give it a try.
no its not to confusing as i convert ships to flyable models when I get board so this is reasonable strait forward.
'Thanks:salute: