PDA

View Full Version : Search Function Still Not Working Properly

Mick
April 24th, 2011, 05:47
I entered a search term (a developer's name) to be searched in both Titles and Descriptions. The Search function gave me four pages of hits. None of the hits on the first page contained the search term in either the Title or the Description. When I clicked to see the second page I got over 100 pages, and on the first few pages that I looked at, none of the files contained the search term in either the Title or the Description.

This has been going on for a long time. I haven't tried to use the Search function for quite a while because this would happen every time. Today I really wanted to find a particular file, so I tried again in the hope that there might have been a fix, but I see that the Search function remains dysfunctional and useless.

Needless to say (but I can't resist saying it anyway) a Search function that doesn't work drastically reduces the value of our library, since the only way to find a file that's dropped off the What's New list is to go through entire sections of the library page by page.