PDA

View Full Version : Help scenery gurus....

popsaka
April 21st, 2011, 13:46
...I have ETO, Basterdized ver 1.3 (ish) ...and all my bl**dy houses and my bl**dy trees appear in the middle of my bl**dy roads rivers and railroad tracks (and I can't for the life of me get my rail-traffic to spawn in any way shape nor bl**dy form!!!!) What have I not tried or checked yet?? :icon_eek: I've been at this a long time but you'd never know it. :banghead:

Help

Daiwilletti
April 22nd, 2011, 17:15
Hi Popsaka,
As there seem to be no takers I'll add my tuppence worth.

As far as rail traffic is concerned, there was a problem with the USA locomotive start date in the vehicle's xdp file. Depending on the era you might find no allied trains spawning prior to 1942. While you are at it, check the xdps of all the locos. If you delete the bdps for the locomotives, the next time you start ETO new bdps will be made unless there is a problem with the xdp files. I use this trick for ships - if they have no bdp files it means I've shagged the xdps with too many modifications and doubtless a syntax/spelling error somewheres.

For trains to spawn, all the different carriage types for the spawning nations need to be available. You prob don't need to go this far, but you can check the relevant rail spawn files for the relevant era you are flying. See what category of carriages they are calling. See if those carriages are available in the vehicles folder for each of the spawning nations. Check start dates again this time for carriages, however I don't recall problems with these start dates. Do the delete bdp trick for the whole vehicles folder if you don't have any luck, check which vehicles do not regain a bdp file.

As far as the scenery problem goes, first try is to use the zx file zapper. Alternatively some file mapping where scenery locates is either missing from the assets folder or is duplicated? Check for duplicate files through all sub folders of the Assets folder.

Hope someone else knows exactly what the problem is!

good luck,
D

popsaka
April 22nd, 2011, 22:03
Thanks mate... I do appreciate you trying to wrap your head around this, and as fate would have it I've gone down all the same roads you mention...
It perturbs me that, after all this time I still can't recall which file controls the placement of trees buildings, etc. in relation to roads rails and rivers... and I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that sorting this out might also remedy the train spawning problem...
As things stand though, I'm quite lost! :ipepsi2:

Daiwilletti
April 23rd, 2011, 14:32
No worries, Popsaka, we've all been there!

Didn't Pat mention in a recent thread about building airbases, the layer that controls the placement of trees on the scenery tiles? Had to be the right scale, etc otherwise autogen trees would not match up with the hedgerows etc shown on the tiles.

The layer he talked about had to be made specifically for the scenery tiles in use. Have a read of the recent airbase building threads, I think they could show one reason why buildings and trees do not align with the tiles (although goodness knows why trees would scatter over roads and such:mixedsmi:)

over and out,
D

popsaka
April 23rd, 2011, 20:03
Hey mate... methinks you may have hit on it... at least now I've got something to check!!
It certainly makes perfect sense ...thanks (CTTOI I wuz dicking about with those!) HA!:applause:

popsaka
May 7th, 2011, 17:32
...yes, it might help if I hadn't lost/deleted the entire VECTOR FOLDER without which trees can grow out of your nose if they want to and no kind of vehicle can spawn no way Jose' no matter what! Okay... NOW I want to figure out what determines when the train (in quick combat) will start to move... Sometimes they NEVER take off... (no, I'm not expecting them to fly)........... back to ye old drawing board!!
:mixedsmi:

Daiwilletti
May 7th, 2011, 17:53
Hi Popsaka,
I think there is a Mission Target facility file specified in the QC mission, associated with a railyard for example. If you fly a QC mission to attack a railyard, trains will spawn when you are at the distance from the yard as specified by the mission target facility.
You can find the QC mission file under the missions folder in your Application data pathway (this varies depending on your version of Windows - for XP its under Docs and Settings, Username, etc etc).

If you take a look in your Facility folder in your install you will find a variety of mission_target_facilities, these are used by mission builders to get things like trains to spawn once you are a specified distance from the target. So if you look up the _mission.xml file after you've flown a QC mission, the mission file should specify a particular mission target facility file. This will tell you the distance.

All this is of course provisional on input from somebody like HH, who actually builds missions :icon_lol:

Pat Pattle
May 8th, 2011, 05:10
NOW I want to figure out what determines when the train (in quick combat) will start to move... Sometimes they NEVER take off

If you lower your effects slider in the config I think that will stop trains and vehcles moving.

popsaka
May 8th, 2011, 17:51
...in the 'destroy ground trains' script xml in the spawns folder that quick combat uses to determine the type/length etc. of train generated there are lines toward the end of the file for 'route' where speed can be mentioned... ''-2'' or ''0'' being typical... maybe this has some bearing on on my plight? .I dunno, but I'd love to get them trains to either keep moving or at least get goin' a bit sooner for the the sake of the realism, wot? :isadizzy::guinness:(now there's a 'rock and a hard place' if there ever wuz...):icon_lol:

OldCrow
May 8th, 2011, 21:45
...in the 'destroy ground trains' script xml in the spawns folder that quick combat uses to determine the type/length etc. of train generated there are lines toward the end of the file for 'route' where speed can be mentioned... ''-2'' or ''0'' being typical... maybe this has some bearing on on my plight? .I dunno, but I'd love to get them trains to either keep moving or at least get goin' a bit sooner for the the sake of the realism, wot? :isadizzy::guinness:(now there's a 'rock and a hard place' if there ever wuz...):icon_lol:
In the campaign, the train(the primary target one) never moves. It sits there near a railyard everytime. I'd like it to move also.