PDA

View Full Version : A good screen shot tool for FSX

OleBoy
April 19th, 2011, 13:25
As the topics states.

Just something that saves multiple screen shots in .jpg form will do.

Tako_Kichi
April 19th, 2011, 13:27
I've been using 'Snapper' for a while now and quite like it.

http://www.michielovertoom.com/software/snapper/

Don't forget that FSX has it's own inbuilt screenshot tool too. Hit the 'V' key in flight and the screenshot is saved to your 'My Documents\My Pictures\Flight Simulator X Files' folder (in XP at least). The file is saved as a .bmp (better quality) and then you can open it in any photo editor and resave as .jpg if required.

OleBoy
April 19th, 2011, 13:28
Thanks TK. I'll give it a whirl.

That will work. And nothing fancy. Perfect!

I see you added more info too. I'll look into using the built-in also. I like the no frills snapper

Naismith
April 19th, 2011, 13:42
Ditto on Snapper. Small footprint, unobtrusive, high quality, stable, multiple options.

stiz
April 19th, 2011, 14:19
i'm still useing FSScreen here, simple, small, no need to install anything, just run the exe and away ya go :)

OleBoy
April 19th, 2011, 14:26
Sounds about the same. Snapper allows me to have the folder on the desktop, and save the shot to the same. Best of all, it also doesn't need installed.

FAC257
April 19th, 2011, 14:27
+1 FSScreen

I don't just use it for FSX but leave it on just about anytime I'm on the computer. That way I can grab a screenshot of anything I see on screen. Another item I like is that using multiple monitors it grabs everything from both screens.

FAC

Thoe6969
April 19th, 2011, 14:50
I've been using 'Snapper' for a while now and quite like it.

http://www.michielovertoom.com/software/snapper/

Don't forget that FSX has it's own inbuilt screenshot tool too. Hit the 'V' key in flight and the screenshot is saved to your 'My Documents\My Pictures\Flight Simulator X Files' folder (in XP at least). The file is saved as a .bmp (better quality) and then you can open it in any photo editor and resave as .jpg if required.Works the same in windows 7 also,thats what I use,it works good.

txnetcop
April 19th, 2011, 17:27
Ditto Snapper...easy to use and nice features

DarrenL
April 20th, 2011, 09:12
I do use V to capture screen-shots but when I remember to start it before FSX I use Fraps, with the added benefit of video capture if I want.