PDA

View Full Version : sodium_flare_red ,aircraft_flare

gosd
April 17th, 2011, 20:09
In ETO the ETO_do24_t A/C uses sodium_flare_red and aircraft_flare as a loadouts.
When I try using them I dont get anything with the aircraft_flare and only the cannister with no effects with the sodium_flare_red.
Am I missing a file here?

Led Zeppelin
April 18th, 2011, 09:54
yes or some lines are missing in the effect.xml file.

I don't have tested so I don't know if I have the same problem.

HouseHobbit
April 18th, 2011, 12:50
In ETO the ETO_do24_t A/C uses sodium_flare_red and aircraft_flare as a loadouts.
When I try using them I dont get anything with the aircraft_flare and only the cannister with no effects with the sodium_flare_red.
Am I missing a file here?

Wow.. I have the same problem.. Bummer, I just built some TOW missions for the ETO Team where I used this load out too..
That isn't good.. And I have every known effect I can stuff in my effects file, it is over 8 meg..

Once I get my computer re loaded I will check this out..also..

grizzly50
April 18th, 2011, 14:47
:kilroy:Gosd, I have one install that is the ETO full load and nothing else. It is what I use to keep tabs on things.

I just checked your problem against my install. They're OK from what I can see, and fully operational.

The two weapons used are in the weapons folder and are named sodium_flare_red and aircraft_flare, respectively.

Check your ETO weapons folder for these two weapons.

They are both working fine for me with that aircraft.

One thing is, they don't work overly fast from the time of drop.

The aircraft_flare takes time for you to circle around before it is visible. The aircraft_flare works everywhere.

The sodium_flare_red doesn't take quite as long, but should be burning brightly by the time you come around. Note that the sodium flares ONLY work on the water.:d

gosd
April 18th, 2011, 18:41
Ok! These flares work perfectly:applause:
I should have waited longer,Thanks for the advice.:salute:

HouseHobbit
April 19th, 2011, 14:05
:kilroy:Gosd, I have one install that is the ETO full load and nothing else. It is what I use to keep tabs on things.

I just checked your problem against my install. They're OK from what I can see, and fully operational.

The two weapons used are in the weapons folder and are named sodium_flare_red and aircraft_flare, respectively.

Check your ETO weapons folder for these two weapons.

They are both working fine for me with that aircraft.

One thing is, they don't work overly fast from the time of drop.

The aircraft_flare takes time for you to circle around before it is visible. The aircraft_flare works everywhere.

The sodium_flare_red doesn't take quite as long, but should be burning brightly by the time you come around. Note that the sodium flares ONLY work on the water.:d

Rats, the sodium Flare load out I used will have to be changed to a aircraft_flare..
I didn't realize the sodium_flare_red only worked on water..
Glad we have Masters here to work this out..
I goofed..But that is normal sometimes for a Hobbit anyway..