PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic...New Aircraft

O-1Driver
April 14th, 2011, 06:09
Hey Guys,

Have been pretty busy as of late and not much time for CFS3 but hope that will change soon. I did want to show you an aircraft that I just purchased it is a 177B Cardinal with a O-360 180 hp engine and constant speed prop. It has the ugliest paint scheme I have ever seen on a plane and will go in to the paint shop the end of June I have attached a photo of what it will look like when repainted. It has a new leather interior and the plane is currently undergoing a pre-buy and annual inspection, the IFR certification was just completed. I hope to have it home next week. With the CS prop the plane will cruise at 130 kts with a pretty decent fuel burn, a lot less than a C-182 and the C-180 I used to own. Here are some photos of the aircraft, note the factory zinc chromate corrosion proofing that was ordered as an option by the first owner. It looks like a military aircraft inside when opened up.

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/L-4Pilot/1971%20Cessna%20177B/

Best Regards,
O-135133

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

alain95
April 14th, 2011, 06:27
Now we can really understand why you didn't took time to CFS3 35134:applause: 35135
Meanwhile I will be thankful if your talents could be a bit back on our virtual hobbies :salute:

Let's have nice flights !

popsaka
April 14th, 2011, 06:51
...She looks like a real honey... engine clean enough to eat off of... but that paint job ain't so bad... don't paint the spinner, oh no! Hope you have many wonderful flights... wish I could go up with ya :salute::engel016:

hairyspin
April 14th, 2011, 11:49
I can understand you wanting to liven up the previous paintjob, it's sort of erm ... ah ... nnzzzzz :sleep: ... what??

And you have PM.

lewis11777
April 14th, 2011, 13:30
Steve that is a very nice airplane, you sure know how to make someone jealous! None the less I hope you have many hours of enjoyable flying! When my ship comes in I'm hoping for a 300 extra or a Midget Mustang!

O-1Driver
April 15th, 2011, 05:37
...She looks like a real honey... engine clean enough to eat off of... but that paint job ain't so bad... don't paint the spinner, oh no! Hope you have many wonderful flights... wish I could go up with ya :salute::engel016:

Partner if you ever get over this way, just give me a call and I would be glad to take you up. Sean (Bonefish) came over a few years ago and we took the Citabria up. I am still waiting for my old friend Dave to get back over from the UK so we can fly together, I missed him on his last trip over.

Flying is a lot like Bass Fishing, a lot more fun when you go with a friend.

Best Regards,
Steve