PDA

View Full Version : "Patch Warfare"

Navy Chief
April 14th, 2011, 03:30
<wbr> "Patch Warfare!"

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=65fda1e8e6&view=att&th=12f53b8e5c20165f&attid=0.2&disp=emb&zw
A non-politically-correct uniform patch is circulating among Navy aviators in an underground military protest. The patch is not being worn. But it is being passed around digitally, especially on the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise, whose commander, Capt. Owen Honors, was fired for producing raunchy videos he said were designed to boost morale.

The patch shows a coffin holding a carrier jet’s landing tailhook with the inscription: “1911-2011: It was a good ride.” The decidedly unofficial patch says, “No cursing. No call signs. No tradition.”

Jon Ault, a retired Navy fighter pilot, told special correspondent Rowan Scarborough the patch is not just a protest against the firing of Capt. Honors. He said it shows general dislike for political correctness taking over mixed-sex ready rooms. He said aviators have to watch everything they say for fear of facing a sexual-harassment complaint. “They won’t wear this patch openly because they know the PC Nazis are gunning for them,” Mr. Ault said. “But you can bet your bumpas that this patch is circulating virally through the ready rooms of our carriers and hangars around the world.”

Allen
April 14th, 2011, 18:27
Do not link pics from your mail. They don't work....

Navy Chief
April 14th, 2011, 18:36
Do not link pics from your mail. They don't work....

I didn't link it. I cut and pasted the article into the post, and looked ok from this end. Sorry.

NC

Roadburner440
April 14th, 2011, 19:27
This is definately true (the moral of the story anyway).. I personally have not seen/heard anything of said patch. Can definately agree though with having to watch any and everything you say. Seen more than enough people go to DRB/XOI/Mast over the wrong person overhearing the wrong thing. The policy I have found that works best, and which is truly sad. Is I do not associate/hang out with ANYONE from work. It definately makes for a boring routine, but it is what keeps you from going to mast. Especially with that new Navadmin that came out today talking about doing Enlisted Review Boards on everyone now by the end of this year... The back stabbers are just waiting in the wings for something like this to surface to save themselves.

Willy
April 14th, 2011, 19:51
I'm so glad that I'm not on active duty any more. Sounds like fleet sailors are an endangered species....

Navy Chief
April 14th, 2011, 19:57
This is the patch.

NC

Flyboy208
April 14th, 2011, 20:18
I went active duty just after the "Tailhook Scandal" so I was "indoctrinated" so to speak, by the way, my Call sign is "T-Bone" probably considered in-appropriate these days? To this day the LSO's mantra is "Rectum Non Bustus", will probaly be abolished as well ... Mike

Navy Chief
April 14th, 2011, 20:36
With reference to the infamous and so-called "Tailhook '91" event..... a former CO of mine, CDR Robert "Face Ripper" Stumpf became the target of radical feminists, despite having his name cleared by a board of inquiry:

http://www.newtotalitarians.com/index_files/TheBobStumpfAffair.htm

NC