PDA

View Full Version : Collision on the ground

aeromed202
April 13th, 2011, 02:51
Just caught the video on the news of a 380 wing tip slapping the tail of a regional while taxiing. Haven't found a vid to post yet but it is impressive.

You can catch it here http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/planes-collide-yorks-jfk-airport-13360463

Edit after the quarter dropped. OK OK I know when I'm licked. I will never again post a news story, I'd have a better chance of winning the lottery than being the first. I can't beat hundreds of active posters, some of which I suspect sleep with their computers (or don't sleep) ;)

alain95
April 13th, 2011, 04:17
The BEA wanted to keep secret the identity of the pilot, but finally the truth surfaced :

kilo delta
April 13th, 2011, 05:23
I can't beat hundreds of active posters, some of which I suspect sleep with their computers (or don't sleep) ;)

I resent that remark! I've never slept with my computer....may have fooled around with a few and have lusted after a few notebooks....but never slept with one.

:p

:icon_lol:

Bone
April 13th, 2011, 05:34
I resent that remark! I've never slept with my computer....may have fooled around with a few and have lusted after a few notebooks....but never slept with one.

:p

LMAO

Wild Bill Kelso
April 13th, 2011, 06:50
.... I can't beat hundreds of active posters, some of which I suspect sleep with their computers (or don't sleep)

Let me clarify this:

1. Just like KD, I don't sleep with my puter.
2. Local time here was 7:21 PM when I posted the video, so just about dinner time (which actually began 10 mins later)!
3. I do sleep. :sleep: At least until my cats start their "wake up, dude!" terror.

Cheers,
Markus.

n4gix
April 13th, 2011, 10:55

I do hope no one thinks too badly of me, but truth to tell, I have slept with my laptop... :redf:

Every night I spend at least a few relaxing hours reading novels on my laptop. More than once I've put the laptop to "sleep," closed the cover and...

...awakened in the morning to discover that my pillow was quite hard!

Seems I'd drifted off to sleep before moving the laptop off the bed. :isadizzy:

aeromed202
April 13th, 2011, 11:15
Confessions are good for the soul. But before anybody really gets the urge, I meant just sleep :o

Could have been these guys too..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNlaREL5BYk&feature=related

HouseHobbit
April 13th, 2011, 13:15
I have Never sleep with any computer unless they Bring flowers and we have a Nice Dinner first..
I may be easy, But Not Cheap..:icon_lol:
Okay I am cheap too..:icon_eek:

And I always use protection ( anti-virus ) :icon_lol: