PDA

View Full Version : Essex Campaign Uploaded

Shadow Wolf 07
April 11th, 2011, 06:59
I went ahead and uploaded my USS Essex CV-9 Campaign, based on the historical exploits of that great ship. It is currently awaiting approval. I have myself tested all the missions and only the downloads list has not been verified by a second party. Out of 107 random missions, the player will fly 50 - either in a fighter, dive bomber, or torpedo bomber. Enjoy! :kilroy:

UncleTgt
April 11th, 2011, 08:35
Many thanks for your hard work, it is very much appreciated!

:applause::applause::applause:

:ernae:

Discus
April 11th, 2011, 09:08
Thanks SW

Your campaign looks very advanced. Thanks for sharing this work of yours.

I´m focused in ETO and nearby theatres of war, but I have already DL your new campaign and will surely fly it in the near future.

Cheers, Discus

Rami
April 11th, 2011, 09:54
Shadow Wolf,

It's approved and in the library. Outstanding work! :applause:

Finn
April 11th, 2011, 12:09
:applause:Can't wait to get it up and running. Thanks a lot for your effort.
Finn:salute:

Captain Kurt
April 11th, 2011, 12:40
Jeez, I gotta find time to load and fly this as soon as I can. Thanks for the hard work. I know how much goes into developing a campaign this massive. :applause:

Ghostrider
April 12th, 2011, 08:42
Super! Looking forward to firing this one up soon, thanks for all of your hard work, SW!

Shadow Wolf 07
April 12th, 2011, 08:58
These are some "honorable mentions!" I hope it lives up to your and my expectations.

Jagdflieger
April 12th, 2011, 13:41
Thanks!

tonybones2112
April 12th, 2011, 18:20
I got the piecesparts for this fine campaigne together except for the tree objects, they are no longer available here at SOH and are not on the author's site. Anyone have this file they could share with me? Thanks:salute:

Tony

tonybones2112
April 12th, 2011, 22:45
I got the piecesparts for this fine campaigne together except for the tree objects, they are no longer available here at SOH and are not on the author's site. Anyone have this file they could share with me? Thanks:salute:

Tony

Never mind guys, found it over at Maskriders, duh.

Bones

skylane
April 12th, 2011, 23:43
I have downloaded the new campaign and will start flying it as soon as I have some time off.
Thank you very much for your work, SW, it is highly appreciated!

Shadow Wolf 07
April 13th, 2011, 03:37
Never mind guys, found it over at Maskriders, duh.

Bones

I am told Lindsay Watts' stuff can also be found now on Simviation. :jump:

Ghostrider
April 13th, 2011, 05:30
Flew the first raid on Marcus last night - easy set up and install - I think I needed to download one plane and one ship. Mission was executed beautifully - lots going on, very immersive, got back to Essex and snagged the 3-wire with my plane well ventilated by the AAA.

Great job, Shadow Wolf,:salute: PTO guys don't miss this one!:applause:

Shadow Wolf 07
April 13th, 2011, 06:07
Thanks for the feedback shipmate! I tried to keep it simple. I think the only non-stock Japanese planes used were the Kamikaze, Emily and Rufe. Ships are a mix of Usio, Collin and stock and a couple more. The scenery is mostly Maskrider with some XavierB.

It is best to keep "messages" on, because often mission instructions are passed that way. Lose too many wingmen. Open the Pilot Log folder and edit losses on the log file - the campaign will send you home in disgrace after losing 20. I set the skill levels default for the player's flight in the campaign at veteran and later ace. I use "AI Promoter" so mine had random skill levels.

Yes, I tried to keep the AAA and random fighter defenses reasonable but challenging. A few missions have wind added and the TF sails into it on takeoff and landing. Collin's carriers are lit, so the few night landings are a breeze.

Glad you are enjoying it! :salute:

Ghostrider
April 13th, 2011, 09:27
Good info, SW - I have toyed over the years with the same idea for CV-10 USS Yorktown, which has a special place in my heart, so I've set up that Marcus Raid myself more than once. (Yours was much better than mine!) as you know, Essex and Yorktown had a friendly rivalry, and operated together quite a bit. On my final, I was just hoping I was lined up on the right CV - would hate to have to bolter a good approach when I saw that big 10 on the flight deck, or worse yet, trap on Yorktown, and have to be ransomed back to Essex with a crate of ice cream or something! Note to self - pay attention to whether your ship is on the starboard or port side of the Task Force when taking off!

Looking forward to flying the rest of the campaign, thanks again!:salute:

Shadow Wolf 07
April 13th, 2011, 12:45
Another thing to keep in mind is that in strike missions in CFS2, parked aircraft count as "aircraft destroyed" not "ground targets destroyed" for victory conditions/goals satisfaction. So get those "ground targets" first! :wiggle:

tonybones2112
April 13th, 2011, 16:13
I am told Lindsay Watts' stuff can also be found now on Simviation. :jump:

Thank you SW, I got his Moon and Clouds, I found everything else at Maskriders:salute:

Bones

Shadow Wolf 07
April 15th, 2011, 04:32
Hit your waypoints. I often use waypoints to generate/spawn enemy ships and fighters, as well as friendlies. Be sure to hit them. Return warp is also triggered to hitting a waypoint, but often in bomber missions there are enemy fighters in the air. Hit the M key to open your map and zoom in to see where you are and the direction you are flying in relation to the next waypoint so you can warp home.

Conserve fuel... After takeoff, lean out your mixture and ease back on the throttle a bit (before warping) to save fuel. Do the same on return. This is especially important when flying the TBF Avenger. I have seen that when it takes a lot of battle damage, fuel leaks are prominent and you may run out before arriving back at the TF.

SW07 :salute:

miamieagle
April 15th, 2011, 06:47
Thank you very much!:applause:

erufle
April 16th, 2011, 03:37
I loves me some new campaign.

Ghostrider
April 16th, 2011, 08:26
Left Marcus a smoking ruin after the second strike!

Shadow Wolf 07
April 16th, 2011, 12:01
Nice pic GR! I see you took some FLAK too. You got a nice reception eh? :wavey: I hope the target/recon photos are working for you... they work fine on my machine, but then they should.

Ghostrider
April 16th, 2011, 19:40
Everything is working great, SW! All of your hard work on this shows!

skylane
April 17th, 2011, 11:28
Hi SW,
just a little feedback: I installed the campaign, everything went smooth, I had most of the required add-ons already anyway.
Just two little things: The link to the Fleet Oiler at Simviation only took me to a search page; however, I eventually found it.
Second, I miss the ships "shj_shokaku" and "shj_Zuikaku". Any hint where to find them?

Thanks for your work, I look forward to start flying!

skylane

sc7500
April 17th, 2011, 16:00
...Second, I miss the ships "shj_shokaku" and "shj_Zuikaku". Any hint where to find them?...

Those are Usio Ships, Sky - Find them [and a whole lot more] at:

http://www.geocities.jp/usio_no_ibuki

SC
:kilroy:

skylane
April 18th, 2011, 02:59
Well, I have Usio´s ships, but they appear as "JMK_Shokaku", and so on..

Shadow Wolf 07
April 18th, 2011, 03:37
Use the mdlnames file included in the download... they are listed as shj_xxx there, that's probably why the JMK_xxx don't show. My MB reads and lists the "JMK" as "SHJ" and imprints it on the mission file. Back up your original mdlnames file first though. Let us know if that helps.

I've been offline for 2 days because of tornado damage. All is well here. We got power back yesterday, but still no cable TV or internet. I'm doing this message at my DAV office.

Note: I just checked my mdlnames and my ships folder and I have a shj_shokaku and a shj_zuikaku that show as ACM Blue Devil ships. Maybe I used those and forgot to include them on my downloads list?? My JMK Sokaku and Zuikaku are not listed on the mdlnames file, so I think this is the case!

Shadow Wolf 07
April 18th, 2011, 07:54
Note 2: They are listed on the d/l list as:
ACM_IJN_CV-DD By Blue Devil: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=6197 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=6197)

Those 2 ships are in that pack. Whew! :applause:

skylane
April 19th, 2011, 23:51
Among all the links to ships I already have, I missed this one...
Thanks for pointing it out, SW, now I really have everything!

Shadow Wolf 07
April 20th, 2011, 03:48
I am happy to see it worked for you Skylane. :applause:

To All: This thread is gonna die soon. When it does, if you have any issues or questions, please PM me. :salute: