PDA

View Full Version : Got a Digital camera, learning to use it..

HouseHobbit
April 10th, 2011, 20:07
This is fun, a friend gave me a digital camera, and I am very grateful..
I am learning to use it, not like using my Pentax ME Super 35 mm..
I have had this a lifetime Now..

But the digital, fun to learn to use..
have a look,
A Hobbit's Hole and Kat..
One of these toys is a 1860 ca.. Ohio Rifle, the other a TC .50 (1980) smoke pole..

And yes, I shot the deer when I was 14 in Kentucky..My first deer..
left it hanging on the side of a Barn for 8 years before I brought it in to hang on my wall..
Give me a week and I will learn how to use this thing..

HouseHobbit
April 10th, 2011, 20:09
A few close ups..

Panther_99FS
April 10th, 2011, 20:09
Congrats & welcome to the "Dark Side".....& before you know it, you'll be flying less & less and shooting more & more....:bump:

Matt Wynn
April 11th, 2011, 02:45
just echo-ing Panthers comments... winding up for Airshow season over here so less FS more Airshow time, which means more photography using any camera i can lay my hands on, be it on a phone, cheap digicam or even my upper market kit... see hobbit even with low end kit you can get good results... this for example taken with an old Olympus Mju 410... (Both images from RIAT 2010)

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x270/mattwynn/RIAT2010/P7180120.jpg

and this one with a Sony Ericsson cell phone....

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x270/mattwynn/RIAT2010/P7180123.jpg

Be warned my short statured friend heed Panthers advice... careful or you'll become snap happy instead of sim happy :icon_lol:

OBIO
April 11th, 2011, 10:02
I ave a bag of vintage 35mm gear that rarely gets used any more. Which is a shame as the Canon AE-1 is a superbly nice camera and as rugged as a chuck of blue granite. And that 400mm lens combined with a 3X adapter (can you say 1200mm zoom) will photograph an ant's butt from a mile away. But digital cameras allow you to take a thousand pics and not have to pay for developing to see them. We have a GE A735 7 megapixel digital camera that set us back $80 and has far more features than the 3.2 megapixel digital camera my sis-in-law has....which set her back 4 or 5 hundred when she bought it 6 or 7 years ago.

I like the smoke poles, HH. I have had the itch to get myself a traditional muzzle loader for a few years now. Not sure if I want a flint lock or a percussion cap shooter, but I do know that I do not want one of the uber modern inlines....I want a black powder rifle the way they were when they were cutting edge technology.

OBIO

HouseHobbit
April 11th, 2011, 11:13
I ave a bag of vintage 35mm gear that rarely gets used any more. Which is a shame as the Canon AE-1 is a superbly nice camera and as rugged as a chuck of blue granite. And that 400mm lens combined with a 3X adapter (can you say 1200mm zoom) will photograph an ant's butt from a mile away. But digital cameras allow you to take a thousand pics and not have to pay for developing to see them. We have a GE A735 7 megapixel digital camera that set us back $80 and has far more features than the 3.2 megapixel digital camera my sis-in-law has....which set her back 4 or 5 hundred when she bought it 6 or 7 years ago.

I like the smoke poles, HH. I have had the itch to get myself a traditional muzzle loader for a few years now. Not sure if I want a flint lock or a percussion cap shooter, but I do know that I do not want one of the uber modern inlines....I want a black powder rifle the way they were when they were cutting edge technology.

OBIO

I have one of the first inline smoke poles, it is a CVA, I wasn't impressed with it, not nearly as accurate as the Cap and ball black powder I have used since the 70's..
So The CVA inline has been a wall hanger for several years..