PDA

View Full Version : Wooooww! Sandy-bridge and FSX!!!...Oh and i'm back, heh.

Alexraptor
April 8th, 2011, 15:17
Hey all, dunno if anyone here remembers me but i used to hang around here a while back. :wavey:

Big things have happened for me, and it has me blown away.
I just upgraded my old Core 2 Duo E6700 system to a brand spanking new Sandy-bridge platform, Core i5-2500k.
The difference is just.... mind boggling... its day and night!
I can now finally after all these years fly FSX with sliders all the way to the MAX! and with double the LOD distance at the same time..... its just... amazing.... and i have not even begun tweaking the system yet or even touched on overclocking.
Even dense cities like Seattle is fully playable with those settings.
Only thing that still sets me back heavy on the performance seems to be Bloom and Scenery Shadows though.

So yeah, just felt so overwhelmed i had to share. :D

Daveroo
April 8th, 2011, 15:22
cool beans...and welcome back to the funside....im envious....my system works fine....but i still want better...LOL but congrats

DaveKDEN
April 8th, 2011, 15:24
Welcome back. Good to hear about the Sandy Bridge - I've been wondering how FSX fares on the new Intel chip.

XLR8
April 8th, 2011, 17:09
Yeah...I had the 2600k planned for my new build, until the recall happened. nice CPU. I went with the core i7-975 and it rocks with FSX.

txnetcop
April 9th, 2011, 04:30
Yep the new revised SandyBridge motherboards are out and that Sabretooth you bought is a
VERY VERY GOOD motherboard for 1155 socket and 1366 socket i7! There is also a new FATALITY 1155 socket motherboard board USB 2.0 and 3.0 that is extremely nice and holds it's own extremely well in all our testing! Combined with the 2600K and 1600mhz RAM even gave the six core 980X 1366 socket motherboards a contest to remember and it's cheaper to build.
Ted

stansdds
April 9th, 2011, 05:15
Going from a C2D to a Sandybridge is a heck of an upgrade!

LouP
April 9th, 2011, 08:15
And I thought this thread was about some new scenery out there :wavey:

LouP

Alexraptor
April 9th, 2011, 12:44
Awwww sorry about that, sometimes i get a bit too carried away with the tech names and terms lol.