PDA

View Full Version : Video:IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover beta patch

flyer01
April 8th, 2011, 11:24
This is not in HD. Would have taken to long for me to have processed that today.

Remember this is not the Expansion of CFS3.

There is a patch today that I have not loaded on the PC. I think it will make the Game run better on PC's. I do not know right now.

The setting on this is all on High but but forest in the first part of the video but it could have been set there with good FPS. Grass is off. Even with the Grass on it would not show. Maybe it will after the new patch is installed.

Enjoy the video:ernae:

flyer01

http://www.vimeo.com/22136727

dancat
April 8th, 2011, 13:37
tempting, but I'll hold off until I get a new video card..

loverboy1
April 8th, 2011, 20:16
http://il-2-sturmovik.ubi.com/cliffs-of-dovers/blog/uk/?p=1242

sounds like they need the masters, over there lol

flyer01
April 8th, 2011, 20:27
There is no seasons or weather to change that I have found. Maybe in mission builder.

CoD must just be built around 1942. That may be why it only covers parts of the ETO with the airfields of that time.

Well I can say this. If I want to fly WWII-- I can fly the CFS3 Expansions or CoD. WWI OFF PH. 2

FSX- modern planes or the first flight plane all the why to the F-18 SuperBug. LOL

And I in joy them all. Thats what flight sim's are about.

I like making video of them all. And will keep making them for you guys to see.

This CFS3 forum is home to me.:ernae:

You guys are the best guys to be on a forum with. Thank You!

flyer01 :salute:

loverboy1
April 8th, 2011, 21:11
after a few patches .....youll see they will ...they being il2, will fall into the hole eater ..this means some of it will be nice rest not....see in few weeks and months

for now im still hoping for updated water in eto////etc.........

Pat Pattle
April 8th, 2011, 22:17
I've had lots of second thought on this sim. I think that CoD will offer the most realistic portrayal of what it was like to be a fighter pilot in the war so far.

The cockpit, the shadowing, the sunlight and the sea look stunning. Things like the way the light plays on the canopy and obscures the target, I'd never seen (or considered) before.

The terrain needs looking at, it's too green and too vivid and there's something I can't quite put my finger on but it doesn't look like England. The cliffs likewise. All fixable no doubt.

I'm going to have to start saving for the new PC, I think the future lies here.

flyer01
April 8th, 2011, 23:10
Pat when you get a new PC get 64bit.
That way you can get better FPS and see the grass and wheat like the trees also.

There is still alot I have not seen or done so far with this.
Like LoverBoy1 said I think the Masters are needed!:ernae:

flyer01

Naismith
April 8th, 2011, 23:33
The sim has been out 5 minutes and there is already a patch? Doesn't bode well imho

flyer01
April 9th, 2011, 12:57
I've had lots of second thought on this sim. I think that CoD will offer the most realistic portrayal of what it was like to be a fighter pilot in the war so far.

The cockpit, the shadowing, the sunlight and the sea look stunning. Things like the way the light plays on the canopy and obscures the target, I'd never seen (or considered) before.

The terrain needs looking at, it's too green and too vivid and there's something I can't quite put my finger on but it doesn't look like England. The cliffs likewise. All fixable no doubt.

I'm going to have to start saving for the new PC, I think the future lies here.

Pat I got Windows 7 Home Premium and going to install.I have been told that this will be better for CoD and ram, FPS and grass like we saw in the pictures. With this sim it will run much better.

Going to have to groom our house pet's to pay for is. :jump:

flyer01