PDA

View Full Version : CFS2 Install, etc.

brettt777
April 7th, 2011, 23:59
I am thinking about dusting off CFS2 and maybe adding a plane or two to it. First, will CFS2 work in Windows 7 64 bit? I don't recall trying to run it in Win 7 since I got the new machine. Second, I know there is some great scenery for CFS2 but is there any blowupable scenery? I know that some of the hangars and buildings on the airfields can be destroyed but is there any other structures, etc that can be added in and then promptly blown up? Until VRS gets their Tack-Pack out for the Superbug, we're kind of limited to blowing up other aircraft and vehicles in FSX.

gavinc
April 8th, 2011, 02:27
CFS2 works fine on my Win 7 64 bit Home Premium install. I5 processor & Nvidia card.

Regarding blowup-able scenery. Most "current" scenery has infrastructure that goes :pop4:

Look for scenery that includes GSL infrastructure.

Gavin

brettt777
April 8th, 2011, 04:20
CFS2 works fine on my Win 7 64 bit Home Premium install. I5 processor & Nvidia card.

Regarding blowup-able scenery. Most "current" scenery has infrastructure that goes :pop4:

Look for scenery that includes GSL infrastructure.

Gavin

Cool! Many thanks!

Ian Astill
April 8th, 2011, 12:32
Just a heads up on Windows 7

I've been using it absolutely fine, however there is something that left me bewildered for a short while

If you install something and it disappears mysteriously, or you can't find certain docs (I.e. Scenery.cfg and Filelist.dat) Look at your folder options and click compatibility files and a whole underworld of CFS2 shall appear!

For some reason windows 7 seems to dislike some parts of your CFS2 install and has created a segregated community lol. It does all work however, and if it doesn't I usually cut the doc and paste back into the CFS2 root folder

You may already know this or understand it better but it left me scratching my head on a few occasions