PDA

View Full Version : Former Alphasim Jaguar project

hae5904
April 6th, 2011, 09:43
Ok gents (gals),

Does anyone know the current status of the former Jaguar project??
During the late Alphasim forum, three packages were about to emerge, till they pulled the plug out of Alphasim.

Hank

Dave Torkington
April 6th, 2011, 09:58
Ok gents (gals),

Does anyone know the current status of the former Jaguar project??

Hank

Hi,

I did read somewhere that it was progressing - there used to be an 'unofficial' Alphasim forum that gave support and snippets of info... Had a look for a link but no joy. I guess it's fallen over :frown:

AndyE1976
April 6th, 2011, 10:38
Last I saw of a Jaguar project it was under the Virtavia branding. No indication of a release on their website, but the last screenshots shown looked just about ready for release!

hae5904
April 6th, 2011, 11:40
Hi,

I did read somewhere that it was progressing - there used to be an 'unofficial' Alphasim forum that gave support and snippets of info... Had a look for a link but no joy. I guess it's fallen over :frown:

Yeah, it was set up by Bjorn Jason Evans I think. Lost the link myself. Pity virtavia doesn't have a forum.

Cheers

fsafranek
April 6th, 2011, 12:02
The last messages on it were about rebuilding the VC for FSX. The exterior models were essentially done and painted by Remi. No news since very late last year. No indication that it has been abandoned, that's for sure, just not ready for release yet.
:ernae:

fallenphoenix1986
April 6th, 2011, 12:16
Had wondered what happened to this one. Does anyone remember if the Jaguar M was going to be part of the release? I know its a long shot being a one off and all but would be pretty cool to have one.

Craig

hae5904
April 6th, 2011, 12:31
Thanks Frank,

I remember the wip shots on the official and unofficial forums (you might remember me as the one who did the buzz number for you on the F-106 repaint of 319th FIS.....:wavey:). A positive sign is the fact that there's no indication that the project has been shelved. We'll wait and see......:rolleyes:

Cheers,
Hank

fsafranek
April 6th, 2011, 15:38
Had wondered what happened to this one. Does anyone remember if the Jaguar M was going to be part of the release? I know its a long shot being a one off and all but would be pretty cool to have one.

Craig
Back in the very beginning of the project I sent Dave some images of the Jaguar M cockpit as a suggestion. But I don't know if that one will be included. I doubt it based on what I've seen but you never know. Certainly an easy one to decide how to paint (if you stay historically accurate).

And hae5904, thanks again for the help with those buzz numbers. Not the easiest model to paint back there but the pilot did appreciate it.
:ernae: