PDA

View Full Version : Orbx PNW scenery: Suggestions on where to fly?

expat
April 6th, 2011, 02:09
Just got this on sale and am a bit overwhelmed at all the nice new airports. Have not added anything on just yet. Any suggestions on where, e.g. interesting approaches but also nice settings, airports nesteled in forests etc? I have some bush a/c to choose from, e.g. U206 amphib; Kodiak; PAD DHC's; Milton's AC's etc but also welcome other suggestions.

thanks

expat

Daube
April 6th, 2011, 02:54
For a short flight, to test an aircraft or just to enjoy the view, I would recommend you to follow the valley from Concrete to Darrington. The areas around those two airfields are quite nice too, there's a big lake with a volcano right next to Concrete, and some nice mountains right next to Darrington.

The area around Pemberton is quite nice as well, flying from there down to Hope is quite a nice trip, not too long and not too short.

Then from Hope, you can make follow the various valleys down to Concrete again :)

Overshoe
April 6th, 2011, 05:22
Take off from CBB7 and fly northerly along the river. Stay low and slow Touch & go at Lillooet Lake and continue to CYPS. Buy bacon, bread. beans and beer. Then go back.

Phantom88
April 6th, 2011, 08:04
KORS,OrcasI. Great immersive little GA Airport in The San Jaun Island chain.It just received the PeopleFlow patch to add to it's already great character.And it's on $ale!:jump:

Bruce Thompson
April 6th, 2011, 09:35
Take off from CBB7 and fly northerly along the river. Stay low and slow Touch & go at Lillooet Lake and continue to CYPS. Buy bacon, bread. beans and beer. Then go back.

That's a nice flight Overshoe enjoyed it very much, thanks.

Bruce.

Milamber
April 6th, 2011, 09:42
PC Pilot for Nov/Dec 2010 has Orbx PNW Flight Adventure Part One and Part 2 have identified 20 Flights complete with Flight Plans to "show you around" a little. HTH.

M.

Milamber
April 6th, 2011, 09:46
Just got this on sale and am a bit overwhelmed at all the nice new airports. Have not added anything on just yet. Any suggestions on where, e.g. interesting approaches but also nice settings, airports nesteled in forests etc? I have some bush a/c to choose from, e.g. U206 amphib; Kodiak; PAD DHC's; Milton's AC's etc but also welcome other suggestions.

thanks

expat

Try PC Pilot Nov/Dec 2010 for their 20 flight "Flight Adventure". HTH.

M.

AndyE1976
April 6th, 2011, 10:40
Israel Farm, Concrete and Darrington make a good combination. Excellent scenery with the mountains and valleys and three different airports, they also happen to basically be along the same river, so easy to fly between the three in total ORBX goodness.

Lotus
April 6th, 2011, 11:07
Where to go? Chilliwack for pie! (CYCW)

No, seriously, it's bloody legendary pie at that airport's restaurant. We don't have $100 hamburger runs here in the Vancouver area / lower mainland, just pie, hehe. It's very close to Mount Baker, stunning scenery.

-Mike

W. Bleddyn
April 6th, 2011, 11:18
Chilliwack is a nice short hop from Concrete Mun. Done that one many times :)

falcon409
April 6th, 2011, 11:38
It should be noted that many of the airports being mentioned as stopovers here are not part of the base package. . .they are additions to, at an extra cost (Concrete, Orcas, Darrington). Those airports are present mind you, but not in the "fully done version". . . .more like a default version. I don't know if the sale will continue much longer, but if you have the cash, it would be a good time to get a few of these before the price goes back up.:salute:

spotlope
April 6th, 2011, 12:23
It should be noted that many of the airports being mentioned as stopovers here are not part of the base package. . .they are additions to, at an extra cost (Concrete, Orcas, Darrington). Those airports are present mind you, but not in the "fully done version". . . .more like a default version. I don't know if the sale will continue much longer, but if you have the cash, it would be a good time to get a few of these before the price goes back up.:salute:

The sale pricing lasts until Friday night, but bear in mind that's Australian time, so unless you live there you've got less time to take advantage of it than you think. ;)

expat
April 6th, 2011, 13:37
Thanks all for all these good recommendations!:jump:

JoeW
April 6th, 2011, 13:38
For a challange .............. Start at Friday Harbor, KFHR, and fly to Clam Harbor, WA35. You might be able to land in the Cub.
Good luck! You are gonna need it.
:salute:

koorby
April 6th, 2011, 15:32
I've had a bunch of email from folks whose payday is not until the 15th of the month, so I've extended the sale until the 17th.

ShawnG
April 6th, 2011, 18:37
If I might advise a slightly different area of PNW and suggest some bush flying around Scar Creek BC, some extremely nice scenery in that part of the package. glaciers and mountain peaks, etc...