PDA

View Full Version : personal thoughts on jr

Daveroo
April 4th, 2011, 08:39
anyone notice how wornout dale jr was?..he was spent...he cant talk normally anyway..but after the race he was worse,,slurring words and having trouble breathing...yet harvick was tired...but not wornout..nor was busch...

im not a dale jr fan...but he really does need to stop drinking and needs to start a good pyshical training program...if he does anything now..its not working..i have a cousin who looks i dentical to jr,,people thing he is jr half the time and my cousin mark has never picked up a wieght in his life...

id normally be mean and say jr needs to come out of the closet and admit hes gay for his own mental health...it helps...so does kasye kahne...but i wont....

he does need to stop drinking...start working out and get some serieous stamina going....THEN and only then will he win again ON A REGULAR basis

redriver6
April 4th, 2011, 21:10
im not a dale jr fan

really?

Daveroo
April 5th, 2011, 08:58
really?

shocking aint it?

wombat666
April 6th, 2011, 06:43
He caused a certain amount of hilarity a couple of years ago when he was visiting us (no idea why) and was checking out the final round of the V8 series.

This was at Philip Island and with only a few points between half a dozen drivers both races resembled a knife fight in a telephone booth.

IIRC he remarked that he would like to come on down and race in the series after he finished with NASCAR!!!!!!

I don't think so ..................:173go1:

Cazzie
April 6th, 2011, 15:59
I won't get into any discussions on Jr.'s preference. but I have said it all along, Jr. lacks the ability to communicate with any crew chief. That is an important chemistry between JJ and Chad Knaus, as much as I despise their presence. :>) Kidding Ed, ya knows it.

But Jr. has lost every stitch of aggressiveness, it left him the last year he was in the 88 car. If he had any aggressive nature at all, he would have blocked Harvick Sunday, nudged him even, Hell man, this is Martinsville, you do anything to win in the final laps. You just don't let a man muscle by you like a rocket of a short track, you make the SOB work for it! Where are the brass bollcks of the NASCAR drivers these days? I guarentee you if that had been Cale Yarbough on lap 497, Harvick would have been eating a safety fence!

Caz

Panther_99FS
April 6th, 2011, 16:15
I guarentee you if that had been Cale Yarbough on lap 497, Harvick would have been eating a safety fence!

Caz
:bump: :bump:

eddie
April 7th, 2011, 10:19
Where are the brass bollcks of the NASCAR drivers these days? I guarentee you if that had been Cale Yarbough on lap 497, Harvick would have been eating a safety fence!

Caz

Dale Sr wouldn't have left Harvick by either,Bet on that too!!!!!!!

Terry
April 7th, 2011, 11:45
The only driver I can think of that would have done it just like Jr. is Mark Martin. Nice guys finish second (or worse).

Cazzie
April 7th, 2011, 17:53
Dale Sr wouldn't have left Harvick by either,Bet on that too!!!!!!!

You betcha, if Harvick had won, he would have had to cross the finish line wrecking ahead of Sr. :>)

Cazzie
April 7th, 2011, 17:54
The only driver I can think of that would have done it just like Jr. is Mark Martin. Nice guys finish second (or worse).

Or Jeff Burton.

redriver6
April 7th, 2011, 19:15

or Terry Labonte or Bobby Labonte...........both won Championships btw.

EasyEd
April 7th, 2011, 19:39
Hey All,

I've left this thread alone cause what can you say? So heck I'll comment anyway.

First Dale Jr is not Dale or Cale - why on earth would anybody expect him to be? I don't.

Second Jr did good. He got what he could out of that race. Just think what all of you would be saying if he did something stupid and wrecked his car and ended up in 30 something place.

Third Today racing is about winning the war not the battle. Making the top 12 gives you a shot a the title - wrecking yourself trying to win a race is meaningless. In the past it was all about win the race - you need the money - if a championship happens it's just icing on the cake. Today you don't NEED to win a race and history will remember who won the championship.

Fourth All this brokeback mountain talk - I don't buy it - not about Jr or Kasey. But lets suppose it's true - so what? It's not like it's fundamentally wrong - just different genetics.

-Ed-

stansdds
April 8th, 2011, 01:58
And let's not forget that wrecking cars is a very, very expensive proposition. This is even more important now as the race teams do not get as much sponsor money today as they did a few years ago.

Dale Junior is definitely not his dad. Junior has his own style of driving and is not an aggressive driver. I will say that he seems to be doing much better this year and it's probably a result of Rick Hendrick swapping the pit teams between the 24 and 88.

Cazzie
April 8th, 2011, 03:49
or Terry Labonte or Bobby Labonte...........both won Championships btw.

I remember distinctly when Terry paid "The Intimidator" back at Bristol for what Sr, did to him the year before. Don't get sentimental on Terry, remember Cato, beware of those who speak little. Jeff Gordon is the same way, if it's crunch time and he has a chance to win, he'll box. :>)

Daveroo
April 8th, 2011, 08:45
back to my point...he needs to be in better shape physaclly,,he was flat worn out in that interview,,maybe the gay thing i wishfull thinking on my part ( and many many others)but the point to that..even though it wont impact the sport as a whole (if in fact he is) IF he is gay and he came out to family and friends the wieght off his shoulders..the hiding the stories,lies,,,hiding from people fake relationships..ect would end and he would be able to concintrate on racing...im not he is gay..im saying i think he is,,,and if im right then pease comeout...he would feel better...and your entire life chnges

Ferry_vO
April 8th, 2011, 09:52
I think once you are in the car you only focus on driving and nothing else; if you aren't in a great physical shape keeping focussed could be problematic.

Dave: How would his sponsors and the generally 'conservative' (To state it mildly) NASCAR fanbase react if he did 'come out'? I doubt it would do his career any good.

PRB
April 8th, 2011, 15:22
... id normally be mean and say jr needs to come out of the closet and admit hes gay for his own mental health...it helps...so does kasye kahne...but i wont...

I could say "what the ^%$# heck does that even have to do with his ability as a race car driver?" or "if he is it's none of anybody's &^$#*^& business but his own", but I won't...

PRB
April 9th, 2011, 06:41
... How would his sponsors and the generally 'conservative' (To state it mildly) NASCAR fanbase react if he did 'come out'? I doubt it would do his career any good.

That may be true, Ferry, but I’m not 100% convinced. A few years ago I was a member of a couple of different NASCAR forums. I abandoned them all, because the level of maturity displayed by the members was extremely low, with many discussions going on for pages about whether Jeff Gordon was gay (for example...) There were also many political food fights, and it seemed to me that the membership was pretty evenly distributed among the “political spectrum”, at least from those that posted.

wombat666
April 9th, 2011, 21:55
I could say "what the ^%$# heck does that even have to do with his ability as a race car driver?" or "if he is it's none of anybody's &^$#*^& business but his own", but I won't...

+110%.
Considering the general acceptance around the World of 'Sportspersons' who have differing proclivities to others it has nothing to do with anyone.
Remember the shining star who contracted AIDS 20 years or more ago???
Tim was not homosexual, he simply couldn't pick the right women, and he remains one of the best all round drivers to run in NASCAR.
:173go1:

Cazzie
April 10th, 2011, 04:33
That shining star was certainly not gay wombat, I knew Tim Richmond personally, partied with him back in the day. He was a womanizer, lover the young filles, got a hold of the wrong one, that's how he contacted AIDS.

I don't know Jr. personally, but a son of one of my friends does (went to HS and graduated with him) and he pretty much contends Jr. likes to party, is pretty much asexual, and is afraid of women because of his step momma, whom he does not like one iota.

Caz

b52bob
April 10th, 2011, 22:22
is afraid of women because of his step momma, whom he does not like one iota.

Caz

I'm afraid of her also and I never even met her - one TV interview was enough!