PDA

View Full Version : Thorp Update 4/3

N2056
April 3rd, 2011, 16:22
As is so many times the case the job is ending up to be a little bit more involved than I first thought! :p:

I've done a fair amount of tweaking the mapping of many parts, and the task of creating an honest dedicated texture set out of several years worth of artwork has been tedious. The bulk of the work is done. Since I ended up adding a pilot I have decided that I might as well strive for a truly finished plane, so I will also set up the cool L-39 style landing light for this release. I'm obviously not going to get it out this weekend as I had hoped, but with a bit of luck I am now figuring 2 weeks taking into account the documentation I still need to write.
For those wondering about the P-61, I will be back on it after I get this done. :wavey:

On these pics the rivets are very pronounced as I am still honing the final bump maps.

Sundog
April 3rd, 2011, 16:38
No hurry,
It's just good to know it's otw.

Thanks for all of your hard work. :)

Bjoern
April 3rd, 2011, 16:42
Keep in mind though that the L-39 style lights will show as white polygons during low visibility conditions.

And to turn this post into shameless self promotion: I've cooked up a universal material recipe for the lights.
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showpost.php?p=160703&postcount=41

If you think there's a chance that your Thorp if flown during fog, you might want to try it out.

N2056
April 3rd, 2011, 16:45
Ahh...that's the beauty of this model. Since it is not equipped to fly IFR you should not be in the fog with it! :wiggle:

Cag40Navy
April 3rd, 2011, 16:52
Cant wait for the finished thing even if it a while off.

falcon409
April 3rd, 2011, 19:40
Outstanding job as always Robert. Looking forward to flying this one out to Plum Island and Cape Cod once it's ready.:salute:

rvn817j
April 4th, 2011, 05:10
Fine looking Thorp. I'm really looking forward to taking it up for a ride. (I don't know how many folks saw the tragic photos from Sun & Fun, but one of the photos is a great looking Thorp flipped onto its back. Apparently the result of tornadic activity at the show. It is a real shame!)

N2056
April 4th, 2011, 06:18
Yeah, I did see that one. The other one that got me was the one with the 3 Pietenpols all wadded up.

Thanks for the comments! :wavey:

Bjoern
April 4th, 2011, 10:53
Ahh...that's the beauty of this model. Since it is not equipped to fly IFR you should not be in the fog with it! :wiggle:

Ignore my post then, lol.