PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Huub Vink: Pfalz D.III screens

Cazzie
December 4th, 2008, 12:06
All I really needed was a good guide for the ribs and you provided that. I just used your ribbing for the guide and followed the tutorial. I haven't weathered the fuselage yet, but it was a treat to learn some new tricks. I may adjust the shadow and highlights already done before I finish. This was one of my early repaints and I am glad I flew and tested my shading on it, the red on the starboard fuselage needs to be nicked a little further to the rear.

REX with default FSX in France, mesh resolution set at 38-meters.

There has been a lot of fuss over REX, but I simply love it. You do not have to install REX textures every time you fly FSX. Install a Theme package that you like, name and save it, install and wait the time period and that's it. I don't even use the REX live weather engine, I use AS 6.5, which works fine in doing the METAR reading and feeding the info to FSX via FSUIP 4.0, which then reads and uses the theme package installed by REX. You wanty tll cummulus clouds, set the weather yourself in FSX using the advanced functions for weather. Move your cloud level to you preferred ceiling and raise it on up to 30,000-ft if you like, then FSX will use the REX theme preferences again.

But this is all about a thank you to Huub for supplying me the layers for his Pfalz t go by. As I said, all I needed was wing and tail rib alignment.

Caz

Pips
December 4th, 2008, 12:20
That Pfalz looks spectacular Cassie. Is it generally available now as a complete d/load?

(as you can guess I'm rather keen on the Pfalz! :))

Cazzie
December 4th, 2008, 12:31
That Pfalz looks spectacular Cassie. Is it generally available now as a complete d/load?

(as you can guess I'm rather keen on the Pfalz! :))

The original is available here at SOH Pips: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=9030

When I correct the starboard fuselage red, add some weathering to the fuselage, and adjust the levels of shading and highlighting on the wings and tails, I shall upload new textures. It was my first paint of Stuart's D.III, because I was attracted by the color profile in the Osprey book on Pfalz's Aces. I shall probably work on it this evening after supper.

The textures will be in both 32-bit 888-8 for FSX or FS9 and DXT3 for FS9. A new .mdl file will be included in the .zip for FSX.

Cazzie

Pips
December 4th, 2008, 12:41
The textures will be in both 32-bit 888-8 for FSX or FS9 and DXT3 for FS9. A new .mdl file will be included in the .zip for FSX.

Cazzie

Once you start talking in more than one sylllable you've lost me. :) Does that mean that your version will be compatible with FXS?

Cazzie
December 4th, 2008, 14:07
Once you start talking in more than one sylllable you've lost me. :) Does that mean that your version will be compatible with FXS?

Using the new .mdl file, it will work in FSX in DX9 mode, but not in DX10 mode. But even with the new .mdl file, FSX does not like DXT3 textures.

You're going to have to come over and visit us, we Southern Americans never use more than two syllables in a word. :costumes:

It's a whole 'nother English mate, ask 'Enry, he's been among us long enough. :ernae:

Caz

Pips
December 4th, 2008, 20:15
:friday:

huub vink
December 4th, 2008, 23:52
Looks great Caz! Looking forward to the upgraded version of these textures.

Cheers,
Huub