PDA

View Full Version : Carrier take offs, Full height CFS3 PTO

HouseHobbit
April 1st, 2011, 13:57
I have gotten this far with it all..
I can launch from a full height carrier..

***I do need a elevated Flight deck on a carrier from one of our Masters***

I can use this stock ship as is in missions..
But if Possible I could use a Master with ship building experience to help PLEASE..
Thanks..
Have a Look all..

alain95
April 1st, 2011, 14:16
I'm not a Master ship builder, but I can tell you that what you show us can be a litlle revolution
in the CFS3 community, taking off from a carrier at a deck level :applause::applause::applause:
Did you took your own recipe applied to the camship ? well done ! :jump:
Can we also land at the deck level ?

Let's go on Owen and show us more !
Best regards - Alain95
:engel016:

HouseHobbit
April 1st, 2011, 15:03
Alain95, you ask for it you get it..:salute:

Here are some more shots showing more detail and how I am setting it up..
Is this helpful??

Yes this is just a variation on the Cam Ship Catapult Launch missions I do..
With a new carrier set up so the Carrier has Height Like a Normal ship I could make this work Much better..

SLIP STREAM
April 1st, 2011, 19:30
owen IS4G made full height carriers and aircraft adapted to fly from them.we don't use them because the contact points are set to the deck heighr not ground level. but i think they were pto stuff japs and U.S.

HouseHobbit
April 1st, 2011, 20:38
I see no one has worked out any of this on the Zero launch.. :173go1:

There is something very different about it..
No it's not that i am flying right side up for a change either..:icon_eek:

FOO FIGHTER
April 2nd, 2011, 11:55
Owen, could you give a little more detail on this? Did you adjust the carrier or the aircraft?

HouseHobbit
April 2nd, 2011, 12:51
Everything is stock, it is how I built the mission..Nothing has changed in the game..
I don't have the skill to change any of this..
I have finally worked out a way to do this in the missions..
Again I just side stepped the problem..
Not a true fix..
If I had a Full height carrier( w/raised Flight deck) i could do these much better..

garykidman
April 3rd, 2011, 10:13
Well done Owen at last it looks like you've cracked it Great work

Snaker
April 3rd, 2011, 10:28
This would be a nice breakthrough indeed. Here is the name of the file with standalone carriers. IS4G_aircraft_carriers It has both the dropped deck and full deck variations. You can download it at SOH from the warbirds archives.

:ernae:

lewis11777
April 3rd, 2011, 16:46
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought all the carriers for CFS3 had both a full height and a lowered deck version?

HouseHobbit
April 3rd, 2011, 17:01
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought all the carriers for CFS3 had both a full height and a lowered deck version?

Yes my friend, But the Carriers in CFS3 are just moving Airfields not true ships..
With the cam ships I have hard point,on the catapult, with the Airfields CFS3 carriers you fall through the deck if you try to land on it..

I need a Ship carrier not a airfield carrier..
I can set up a launch from our Full height carriers(airfields) But they will if allowed it fall thought the Flight deck, because there in no Contact point to Hit..
I can place a aircraft on any ship, on top of a turret or deck and Launch them because they has solid decks to fly from..

But as The Full height carriers I can't do it this way.. Because the Carriers contact points for the upper flight to use for staging the aircraft are at sea level....
I can make them work to a degree as they are..

But give me a proper ship and I can do wonders in How I can build a mission for this..

And I can set a aircraft perfectly within inches of a ships contact points and launch them as I do for the camships..

Without the blowing up.. It is a matter of placement in the mission, as I said I can place a aircraft within inches, but all of this is done outside the Mission Builder..

lewis11777
April 4th, 2011, 02:40
Thanks for educating me Owen I did not understand the distinction. Possibly another misconception but it would seem to me that a model is a model. The floating airfields I believe are ship models also but with minimum moving speeds and I think these just have the contact points lowered to sea level. Can't you raise up the contact points on those and give them an elevated surface to land on?

Pat Pattle
April 4th, 2011, 03:17
Hi Owen,

I understand how you make the carrier take-offs in missions by starting in mid-air just above the carrier deck. But are you also saying that landing on a ship at full height is possible with standard aircraft, if that ship is made in a certain way?