PDA

View Full Version : help with Tim "piglet" 's AN2 colt

Daveroo
December 4th, 2008, 07:51
Hi all,.,,i know tim is over in FSX now..but maybe some of you can help..i thought...ya right..i was installin correctly..but it seems not...seems im missin on the gauges area..have a look at the pic and see if im missing some gauges? and maybe someone knows where i went wrong?...Dave

kolbenfresser
December 4th, 2008, 08:31
Thew fix should be easy.

Tim wrote about the prob in the readme of his An-2 V floatplane version:

FS2004 AN-2T,V Panel Gauge Fix.
This HOW-TO file is to help users who are having problems with the FS9 Default Gauges not showing up in my new AN-2T's or AN-2V's panel.
To fix this, open up the default DC-3's Panel Folder, and locate the .cab file (icon may look like a little blue filing cabinet). Copy this file over to your FS9 gauges folder. You may have to re-name this .cab file to DC3Gauges!
Now repeat this process with the Lockheed Vega. You should not have to re-name this file. Look in the panel.cfg file to see the proper names in case you have any trouble.

P.S. To help prevent future problems, you may want to go ahead and copy the .cab files of all the default panels.

:)

ian elliot
December 4th, 2008, 08:36
I think he used a lot of gauges from some of the stock FS9 AC like the DC3 and Lockeed Vega, maybe others, copy and paste the gauges cab files from the panel folders of these ac into your gauge folder and they should show, and make sure you have the "GaugeSound DLL" that Tim included in a lot of his models installed in your main FS9 folder.
hope this helps, cheers ian

oops Kolbenfresser beat me to it

Daveroo
December 4th, 2008, 09:22
thanks guys..it seems that changing the name of the DC3 cab file did it..i had had the cab files from the default planes (allof them ) in my gauges folrder for along time...but once i renamed it..it worked...thanks