PDA

View Full Version : Migs, Migs...

Morton
April 1st, 2011, 10:23
Here's 3 textures for Ito's Mig-17.
If you look at my Skydrive site, you will find how to do a complete setup with weapons, new panel and everything for CFS2. The MDL conversion of course has to be done by yourself.

Now I know many dont feel comfortable with the MDLC and DOS consoles commands. And with Windows 7 64-bit it basically dont work at all. So I've made a little "one button stroke program" which does everything for you. Read more in my Skydrive Mig-17 package.

Mort

Morton
April 1st, 2011, 10:27
and Yan Tao's Mig-19. Flight dynamics by Bearcat241. Thanks!

Mort

Jagdflieger
April 1st, 2011, 14:21
Nice work as always Morton.

Thanks for the new utility. I'm going to use it on several aircraft that I've wanted to convert for sometime now.

Everyone please keep in mind Ito's instructions not to convert his aeroplanes for public use or for uploads to any flight sim sight.

Morton
April 1st, 2011, 15:27
My pleasure Jagd. My goal with this little sw was to make it as simple as possible to run the MDLC under a 64 bit OS. I'm actually planning a more extensive version with more options next.

However, i provided a backdoor for those who want to change the "shining" parameters in Version 2.0: point the mouse somewhere inside the window. Press CTRL and then simultanously right click the mouse to see the menu. :cool:

Morton

Rami
April 1st, 2011, 15:58
Morton,

Thank you so much, these are outstanding, as always!

PomBee
April 2nd, 2011, 04:10
Beautiful, Morton. I'll look at your Skydrive site straight away.

I'd welcome a 64-bit version of your MDLC program, as I am hoping to change to Windows 7 soon, but I knew that MDLC wouldn't run on it.

Cheers,

PomBee.:ernae:

Morton
April 2nd, 2011, 11:26
Pombee,

The "FS8_to_CSF2" and "FS9_to_CFS2" works fine in WIN7-64bit. I have a feeling it takes some more time to do a complete conversion because I have to run MDLC in a DOS emulator (DOSbox), but otherwise it works fine.

Mort

PomBee
April 2nd, 2011, 17:23
Pombee,

The "FS8_to_CSF2" and "FS9_to_CFS2" works fine in WIN7-64bit. I have a feeling it takes some more time to do a complete conversion because I have to run MDLC in a DOS emulator (DOSbox), but otherwise it works fine.

Mort

Thanks, Mort, that's great. I was going to insist that my Wife (the IT wizard) piggy-back XP onto our Windows 7 server just so that I could still run mk_MDLC.

Cheers,

Morton
April 3rd, 2011, 04:52
PomBee,
If you prefer (many do) to run the MDLC from the original DOS commandlines, I suggest you download and install DOSbox; http://www.dosbox.com/
Simple to use and then you can run all old 16bit DOS console programs on your 64bit pc.

cheers
Morton

PomBee
April 4th, 2011, 03:04
Thanks for that Morton. Sorry that I didn't reply straight away. The Wife and I were playing in a marathon Pool tournament yesterday (9 hours!!).

Cheers,

tonybones2112
April 4th, 2011, 09:33
Morton, is there a specific .dp for the Mig-17? I've never redistributed or uploaded anything and have no plans to and know how feathers get ruffled when Ito is brought up but I don;t do .dps and I can take the one from the Alpha, but sometimes swapping .dps I get gunflashes either halfway back the wing/fuselage or 10 feet in front of the muzzle. IOs there a specific .dp for this particular plane, if not, I'll pass on it. Good work my friend, thank you:salute:

Tony Bones

Morton
April 4th, 2011, 14:13
Tony,

Go to my Skydrive site (link below) , enter CFS2 Aircrafts and find the "Mig-17 Silver X3" file.

cheers
Mort

delta_lima
April 5th, 2011, 08:50
Hello Mort - thanks so much!!!

These look delightful. I'm glad you're on a bit of an early jet kick .... the future looks promising ... :)

dl

tonybones2112
April 5th, 2011, 22:37
Tony,

Go to my Skydrive site (link below) , enter CFS2 Aircrafts and find the "Mig-17 Silver X3" file.

cheers
Mort

Thank you Morton, problem solved:salute:

Tony Bones

Oglivie
April 6th, 2011, 12:59
Thank You Morton!

Nice additions to your already excellent work!

:salute:

Fibber
April 6th, 2011, 19:56
have you ever thought of giving the A-6 Intruder "the treatment"?:icon_lol: I tried and it became a abomination, my learning curve got real steep lately!:icon_lol:

Morton
April 7th, 2011, 05:02
have you ever thought of giving the A-6 Intruder "the treatment"?:icon_lol: I tried and it became a abomination, my learning curve got real steep lately!:icon_lol:

Fibber, maybe a good idea. Thanks for the idea. Will look at it later on.

Morton:salute: