PDA

View Full Version : Help - what have I done?

dhasdell
March 28th, 2011, 03:12
I tried to install an some addon scenery and my terrain has gone very odd. I did an uninstall and full reinstall, but without any improvement. In fact the aircraft doesn't look like this, but the landscape does. What have I done, and how can I get things right?

Pat Pattle
March 28th, 2011, 03:24
Eek! That's a new one!

What scenery was is that you added?

If you're sure that whatever it was is no longer in your cfs3 install, have you run the cfs3 config again?

dhasdell
March 28th, 2011, 04:32
Horrible, isn't it? I just checked, and I'm sorry to have to admit it was your RAF Fighter Station stuff. Foolishly I did it all at once rather than bit by bit. It might have been the messing with the lcmosaic in Terrains, but before the reinstall I checked that the whole Terrains folder had gone, and the new version shows today's date. Maybe another reinstall to another place?

Pat Pattle
March 28th, 2011, 07:25
Gosh it's so long ago that I did that, I've forgotten what was involved in the installation.
With the advent of the ETO etc. it's outdated now anyway.

Was it a stock install you were modding? The terrains folder will be the culprit, try deleting the .zx files or else replace the whole folder.

dhasdell
March 28th, 2011, 08:03
It was stock apart from some a/c, which have survived into the new install. I can't replace the folder, can I, without another install? You think deleting the zx's might help?

5 minutes later: no, tried that. No difference.

popsaka
March 28th, 2011, 09:35
...are you sure you didn't set your sliders to minus one and a half...(?)

No, I think you've accidentally deleted some files... or perhaps
an archive in your terrains folder or...(?)....:kilroy:....^^*^^:mixedsmi:

Pat Pattle
March 28th, 2011, 10:11
I've had a look in the warbirds archive. Did you download V1.0?
The only file that will cause this is the lcmosaic.zip

Do you have ETO installed? If so copy and paste the lcmosaic file from from that into this one. just check it's dated 2002.

Edit. I've just downloaded and installed to my stock cfs3 and all works fine, so it's nothing in the download I'm relieved to say! It's showing it's age now.

dhasdell
March 28th, 2011, 22:04
I don't have ETO. Shall I find it and install?

Where is it, please? Flightsim and Avsim don't have it, and at Ozx I get "The webpage at http://206.217.221.160/ozx/SOH/CFS3_ETO_Expansion_1.0.zip might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."

Pat Pattle
March 28th, 2011, 22:52
ETO - http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/10-eto-pto-sim-outhouse/

You'll need a clean unmodded install of cfs3 for this anyway. Might be an idea to create another install (just change the path in the installation menu) before anything else and used the files from that to fix your present one. I have 5 or 6 various cfs3 installs on my pc, very useful for just this sort of occurence!

dhasdell
March 29th, 2011, 02:07
I found it here: http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11873&start=0 Another of your posts!

It's downloading now, and then I'll do as you suggest - a different path CFS3 and patches, and then ETO. This is v1.0, so I'll run it first and then patch. It's big, innit?