PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon from Lionheart Creations; WIP screenshots; Dynamic.

Lionheart
March 26th, 2011, 12:34
Hey all,

Just thought you might like an update on the Dynamic for those of you that are into the new composite sport plane.

Its looking 'really close' to release. Final testing going on, creating of the manual, etc. Most of the work is finished and is just being polished up.

The package is pretty revolutionary in its new FS technology features. This sports 2 fuselage versions, 2 wing versions, 4 pilot options (male, female, couple, non-laden), and all selectable in the loaded plane. You do not have to select from all these various models, just the one you are in. So you load your plane, go to outside view, select wing type (winglets or not), fuselage type (rear windows or not), pilot layout, and Voila! Ready to fly. The plane loads up in the latest model with winglets and rear windows. You can change that, as many people have different versions. The side mirror (really popular in Europe, originally intended for glider towing only) is also selectable to appear.

The cowling removes for a view at the super high detail Rotax 112UL. This disappears when the cowling is back in place to keep frame rates high.

The wings can be detached for viewing how the plane appears when ready for transporting on roadways. (fun to drive it around like this also, heh... aerocar...)

We have worked with the factory, Aerospool on this, as well as Dynon Avionics who gave us a test screen PFD to make our D100 from. Some very cool menu's and things with this system.

Some screenshots are found here; http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=113402895337648&aid=58267

The package ended up being too much for the FSX compiler. 1 Month was invested to get it to compile in FSX format. It would not work. We did all we could, including prayer and tears.. Nada.... The FS9 models used to be limited to 65,000 polygons. This is for both interior and exterior models. FSX was said to be unlimited. This may be proven wrong with this plane. The FS9 model uses nearly 600,000 Polygons, over 1/2 Million, yes... 1/2 million+, and has super small parts with 'zero' deformation, breaking the 4MM Vertice limit, and the 65,000 Polygon limit. The FSX version only had 413,000 Polygons, (no shadow model) and still it wouldnt compile, no matter what tricks we did...

So, the FSX version will have to be a cross over.. (yep, but dont blame me... I tried all I could to make it pure FSX).

Alot of work. Alot of new technology. And ooooooooooooooo lah lah.... what a fun little bird to fly. :)

Bill
LHC

Milton Shupe
March 26th, 2011, 12:50
Amazing! Beautiful! Awesome work!

Odie
March 26th, 2011, 12:54
Hey Bill,

Looks great & thanks for the varied pilot/passenger options...!! Regarding the polygon count and FSX...well, you never know where the boundaries are unless you push them! Looking forward to adding this to my Lionheart hangar! :applause:

txnetcop
March 26th, 2011, 12:55
This is definitely up to your usual AWESOME standard Bill!!! WOOHOOOO!

Roger
March 26th, 2011, 12:58
Wow!! Great work there Bill:ernae:

clmooring
March 26th, 2011, 13:04
Bill

Looks beautiful. Are the screenshots fs9 or FSX. Will both versions download with the purchase or will we have to choose which one to buy?

I am glad you have the mirrors and the back windows in. The panel looks great!

Thanks
Chuck

Lionheart
March 26th, 2011, 14:01
Thanks gang for the kind words. Thanks Milton for all your help in the past in making planes.

Bill

Looks beautiful. Are the screenshots fs9 or FSX. Will both versions download with the purchase or will we have to choose which one to buy?

I am glad you have the mirrors and the back windows in. The panel looks great!

Thanks
Chuck

Hey Chuck,

The FSX pack will be 'with' the FS2004 pack, 2 in one installer like the Epic's and Kodiak. DDS Textures in the FSX version, Bitmaps for the FS9 version. I will also be creating a Performance Pack for those with lower Ram as there are a few 32bit textures in there.

Man, I wish I could figure out a way to make 2048 textures work in FS9...

Bill
LHC

Cag40Navy
March 26th, 2011, 17:06
Thanks gang for the kind words. Thanks Milton for all your help in the past in making planes.

Hey Chuck,

The FSX pack will be 'with' the FS2004 pack, 2 in one installer like the Epic's and Kodiak. DDS Textures in the FSX version, Bitmaps for the FS9 version. I will also be creating a Performance Pack for those with lower Ram as there are a few 32bit textures in there.

Man, I wish I could figure out a way to make 2048 textures work in FS9...

Bill
LHC
You think someday you will find a way to make it FSX native? Just knowing what you can do... :D

Lionheart
March 26th, 2011, 17:42
You think someday you will find a way to make it FSX native? Just knowing what you can do... :D

Thats the plan. There must be a way. The way to get high detail mesh planes into FS9 happened. Surely there is a way to get it into the exotic FSX engine.

One thing I could have done was to take parts out, like the lady, the engine, the nap sack. They are high poly objects. But then people will feel cheated because the FS9 version comes with all these exotic things and not in the FSX version...

It will happen. There is a way. Through God, all things are possible...

Bill

Felixthreeone
March 26th, 2011, 19:32
I am waiting....patiently....for this one! Looks fantastic! And now i am flying the Epic VLJ in fsx and it is outstanding! The Sandy bridge build really runs great...so bring 'em on, Bill....credit card is standing by :salute:

Rimshot
March 27th, 2011, 05:07
Awesome!

TomSteber
March 27th, 2011, 07:10
Looks great Bill. It's definitely on my gotta get list!

grunau_baby
March 27th, 2011, 07:38
What can I say?:jawdrop: Waiting impatiently, now;-)))

Great work!
Alex

Ptimat31
March 27th, 2011, 07:44
Hi !!

Looks really nice, so close from my Aquila that I used to fly in France ! Looking forward to it !

Cheers,
Mat

Kiwikat
March 27th, 2011, 08:00
How in-depth is the Dynon unit?

Back a while ago I had studied the manuals for the D100 and D180 very thoroughly and was left in awe by all they could do for their price vs. something like a GNS530 or G1000. A highly detailed Dynon unit would be completely groundbreaking for FS. Nothing like that has ever been modeled faithfully.

Most people know my stance on the "poly" stuff, so I'm curious about some of the other cool things you've got going on with this plane. :salute:

Lionheart
March 27th, 2011, 09:50
Hello KK,

We worked with Dynon Avionics Corporation who sent us a training Dynon D100 to study. Dwight, our gauge programming craftsman who is a pilot and owns a Mooney, put it through all its motions and created all the graphics and menus' based on the actual working unit on his desk.

My stance on realism with Flight Simulator is that I want it to look real and be as real as possible, but I want it to be able to run in FS. Our poly system works fine in FS. Our glass screens were rated 'fastest' in the FS world in performance (except for rare occasions in 2D panel views where some GC's cannot render squashed or stretched PFD's).

So, with that said, our unit will have 'many' of the same things that the real Dynon has, but being able to do 'all' of the things a Dynon does, it will not. Only most. So with that, if you are purchasing it for only the Dynon, you might be better off getting a real Dynon to put on your desk and use. Ours is for Flight Simulator, and it needs to run 'fast'.

Now, with that said, its one cool glass screen system and very well laid out. It has built in check lists, wind direction, a popup side screen HSI, settable count-up or count-down timers, and you can turn off various sections of the screen readouts, nearly clearing the entire screen. There are settings menus for many of the features such as ALT, BARO, HDG, etc, built in the menu's. It is much more elaborate then the past LHC Garmin G1000 and G900 we have. We invested alot of time and money into the D100. I am proud of it. Its a jewel of a gauge.

There are sometimes 'realism' issues that keep us from getting things to work in FS, things that we are limited by. For instance, Hydraulics. In FS (both versions), we cannot start the plane with hydraulics off. FS has a 'wall' (some call it a bug) where the sim is hard coded to 'start' with Hydraulics 'on'. We have a switch for Hydraulics (pump for raising the gear on the RG version), and you need to have that on for the gear to raise/lower. But unfortunately, it always starts in the 'on' mode, which takes away from some of the realism.

The same thing happened with the fuel valves on the Kodiak. Two overhead switches or hand levers are switched to on for both. You can also turn one off to run off of just one tank. In FS land though, we couldnt do that. With FS, its hard coded to 1 valve per engine, like the Mooney. You can switch between L, R, Both, or off. But if you have 2 levers, what do you do? We tried a plethera of different 'work arounds' (jerry rigging) and nothing worked right as the sim would start in the hard coded fashion every time. With two engines, you can have two valves. With one engine, one valve. So I dropped our 3rd generation Jerry valve and went with a dual animation set of selectors. Really upset me as I wanted that dual separate ability to select fuel choices... Thats how the real one is...

It can be stressful making these, trying to put in as much as possible. We can really get into our jobs, but when our hands are tied, we have to be men about it and deal with it. Sometimes we can get a work around, like the unlimited export system, now with super detailed small parts, and now and then, we have fall backs, new obstacles, etc...

Not an easy job.

Bill

Gdavis101
March 27th, 2011, 11:27
Nice work Bill!

Rezabrya
March 29th, 2011, 22:39
Were you finally able to get your 9,000,000 poly model into the sim? Awesome! I can really tell where all those extra poly's went.