PDA

View Full Version : 4th Largest US Yacht While Walking The Puppy Today

FAC257
March 26th, 2011, 12:15
Took the pup up to the marina puppy park to go see this boat this morning. She arrived earlier this week.

The news is saying the "Seafair" is the 4th largest privately owned yacht in the US.

Her web page lists her at 228' at a cost of $20 million. Still comes up about 7' short of making the 2010 list of the world's largest. Quite a large toy.

It dwarfs the decent sized yacht that sitting this side of her backed up to the same dock.

The pup is a little pooped out after his park visit. He was already trying to snooze out before I even made it out of the parking lot.

FAC

OBIO
March 26th, 2011, 14:54
The boat does not impress me one bit...but the puppy....that is one nice looking pooch. Sure, the guy/group/corporation who owns the boat may feel that they have it made...the I, and the puppy, know that he has it made. A car ride, a walk in the sunshine, and a car ride back home while snoozing in a nice warm lap.....we should all be so lucky to have life so good.

The boat....in my book...totally useless. It is far too big to pull from lake to lake, no real good place to hand an electric trolling motor. It is totally useless for fishing for Large Mouth Bass...so, why have it? Oh I know, to cruise from one place to another while showing people how much money one has....but Large Mouth Bass don't live in salt water...so again, totally useless.

OBIO

rayrey10
March 26th, 2011, 15:01
She's a beauty...the puppy is cute too. That boat is like a floating art gallery or something like that. I saw that yacht in a magazine recently.

What marina/port is that?

Wing_Z
March 26th, 2011, 15:33
So this applies to every single fat cat luxury yacht owner, save one:
When you schmooze into the mooring most exposed to the public gaze, to wallow in the envy so generated...some a$$hole will pull in next door and steal the show!

FAC257
March 26th, 2011, 15:47
What marina/port is that?

That's just the bayfront marina in downtown Sarasota, Fla. It's known locally as Marina Jack's, named after the restaurant that the boat is docked in front of.

FAC

rayrey10
March 26th, 2011, 16:10
That's just the bayfront marina in downtown Sarasota, Fla. It's known locally as Marina Jack's, named after the restaurant that the boat is docked in front of.

FAC

Ok, it looked familiar just wasn't sure where.

Willy
March 26th, 2011, 16:45
That thing is bigger than some Navy ships I was stationed on.

Nice pup! What breed? (looks kind of chocolate Min Pin-ish)

PRB
March 26th, 2011, 17:21
If I had enough money to afford a boat like that, I’d find an old WW-II light cruiser to restore instead. I’d keep the exterior looking like a cruiser too. Form follows function. The boat pictured has no productive purpose, which is why it’s so ugly, like the big Mickey Mouse cruise ships. Ugly. All the swoopy curvy lines, there only to impress, look gaudy instead. Working ships like container ships, tankers, and warships are more impressive to look at because everything on them has a purpose, and is so shaped to fulfill that purpose.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Nice puppy though! :icon_lol:

FAC257
March 26th, 2011, 17:31
Willy

I had him tested for breed mix and he's got mostly Chiuahua and Schipperke lineage. There's also a chunk they couldn't identify. I think there's some Min-Pin in that other part. He has the Min-Pin head-high strut with his front legs when he walks. There's also a bit of Min-Pin personality in him, although he's not as dominating as my last Min-Pin.

He's just a really great pound puppy. He was 2 1/2 years old when I rescued him from the no-kill shelter. The records indicate he'd spent over a year in the shelter before I got him.

He was a two time shelter pup. He was brought to the rescue center as a new born pup. His original adopter had personal health or money problems and returned him to the shelter at some point. I figure by the time I took him home he had spent about 1/2 of his life in shelter care.

FAC

brad kaste
March 26th, 2011, 18:41
Butt ugly boat,....cute pup though. I know which one I'd rather have....

Piglet
March 26th, 2011, 19:28
AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a sweet little pup!
As for that boat, I got a use for it....33998

Railrunner130
March 27th, 2011, 06:28
Ha! I'd go with that one Tim!

Panther_99FS
March 27th, 2011, 07:46
Wow!

alain95
March 27th, 2011, 08:13
AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a sweet little pup!
As for that boat, I got a use for it....

Outstanding repaint Piglet ! this is a kind of boat we like !
I would like to know which kind of breed is your dog, I often see the same in my neighborhood,
He`s cute and looks like a short legged German shepherd.

Best regards
:engel016:

Bushpounder
March 27th, 2011, 08:51
I'll bet she's a beauty inside. I believe I could get used to that fairly well. :)

Don

n4gix
March 27th, 2011, 10:29
....but Large Mouth Bass don't live in salt water...so again, totally useless.

OBIO

Perhaps not, but the Large Mouth Ass can live on the yacht!

Prowler1111
March 27th, 2011, 18:43
Perhaps not, but the Large Mouth Ass can live on the yacht!

Priceless!!!!

Prowler