PDA

View Full Version : RAF Stations

jim001
March 25th, 2011, 19:21
I know that there are a lot of RAF airfields in the U.K. available for CFS2, but these are mainly just the runway layout and if there are any buildings they are usually default CFS2 buildings which, unfortunately, do not look anything like the type of buildings found on a RAF station in Europe. There are a couple of bases available from the old Alphasim freeware site, but does anyone know of any others, preferably ones that look 'busy', i.e. Aircraft and vehicles dotted around.

_486_Col_Wolf
March 25th, 2011, 20:03
Achim has created a nice UK bases download. You can find then in CFS2 Scenery/JHS England. The library objects required are quite extensive but well worth the effort. His Germany, France, Belgium and Holland base sceneries are really good too. If you get them all you will have a great setup for the ETO. And the bases included in the Battle of Britain campaign by Gary Burns complete the set.

Jagdflieger
March 27th, 2011, 21:25
Not only are Achim's nice British aerodromes available here in the archives, but if you make a search for Ian Elliot and Cees Donker, you'll find more great RAF and USAAF 8th AF bases on the Unsinkable Carrier. Make sure that you download their CFS 2 versions as they also made many of them for FS 9. Some will work in both sims so check the D/L info before downloading.

jim001
March 31st, 2011, 08:50
Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I now have plenty of R.A.F./U.S.A.A.F. bases to fly from, must admit a bit disappointed at the lack of Scottish bases, i.e. Leuchars, Kinloss, Lossiemouth etc. Any one fancy a go, even a modern rendition would be nice.

Rami
March 31st, 2011, 08:53
Jim001,

Lossiemouth is included in Achim's pack, as well as a base near Scapa Flow, (Kirkwall) and one in the Shetlands. (Gonfirth)
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=45&id=3352

dog1
March 31st, 2011, 17:40
PM Achim with your request for the RAF bases you need ,i'm sure he will consider your request with enthusisam. Hi Achim.......:wavey:
dog1