PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Repaint for Averett University's Liberty XL-2

Cazzie
March 25th, 2011, 04:28
I had the pleasure recently to attend Averett University's Open House for their Aviation Studies. They have two new Liberty XL-2 trainers and they are beautiful. Wednesday I got to go up in one with Travis, the head instructor and let me tell you, I came home and purchased the Eaglesoft Liberty XL-2 on the spot. Having the repaint kit in hand I went about doing repaints of both planes for Travis and Co, to use in their new Redbird simulator.

But as fate would have it, of all the reference shots I took, wouldn't you know it, not one was with the doors closed! So I have to run over today and take a couple shots with the doors closed so I can properly match the fuselage side stripes.

As soon as I'm done, I'll send them up to SOH for those of you that have the Eaglesoft XL-2, I can only say that I highly recommend it for those of you that love a nice two-seat GA airplane.

Caz

falcon409
March 25th, 2011, 09:31
Nice job Caz. I had just looked at that airplane on the Eaglesoft site trying to decide if I really needed another "low and slow" to add to my hangar. . . .hmmmmm. . . .rethinking my decision now, lol.:salute:

IanHenry
March 25th, 2011, 11:41
Like the re-paint. The Eaglesoft Liberty is one of my favourite FSX aircraft<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Ian.

Cazzie
March 25th, 2011, 12:25
And you get not just one, but both of Averett's Liberty aircraft paints (they're just alike, take your pick). I do wish Eaglesoft had included an options to remove the spats, because Averett's aircraft does not use them. I included a sharper prop spin for the front and rear. I also dress the interior seats with patterned fabric like Averett's example. I cannot thank Travis and the student pilots at Averett for their assistance in enabling me to crawl all over and take reference photos.

Caz

Look in the Warbird's Archive under What's new if this doesn't lead you to it. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=find&catid=-8

doublecool
March 25th, 2011, 14:56
Nice Cazzie...Hope you have plans for a few more :salute:

Cazzie
March 25th, 2011, 16:25
Nice Cazzie...Hope you have plans for a few more :salute:

Reference bitte. I know, Airliners.net, but if you have any preferences? Understand, spats must be included, no way around it.

Caz

doublecool
March 26th, 2011, 15:33
Cazzie... I hate to bring this to your attention but on flying at dusk I notice the landing light

It looks like you may have an older paint template missing the light fixture... for your info

PS those two guys look happy don't they

Cazzie
March 26th, 2011, 18:17
Thanks dc, I'll get on that. More than likely, I have it on my .psd layers and it was left unchecked. One of those things. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Caz

Bushpounder
March 26th, 2011, 20:36
Very cool, Caz. Are you going to be in my neighborhood anytime soon?

Don

IanHenry
March 26th, 2011, 23:48
Thanks Cazzie, just downloading it now.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Ian.

Cazzie
March 27th, 2011, 01:53
Well, you'll have to make another download IanHenry et al.

DoubleCool brought to my attention about the missing landing light and sure enough, I left a layered .psd texture layer unchecked, that not only included the landing light, but the oil cap cover and the oil cap detail once the cover is opened! I did this to not one, but both aircraft's fuselage textures. Well, as fate would have it, when making new main textures for FSX, one has to make new spec textures also. So I made the replacement textures to amend my ways and just sent them up to SOH. You'll find them in the Warbird's Library under What's New if this link does not lead you: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=3&linkid=3800.

Also while browsing the VC, I also noticed that my fabric inserts did not show the seam lines. I found that problem too. I have not set my Blending Options on the layer to Multiply, so that the layer would meld to the texture and show the seams. I amended that also and included a new interior texture for each aircraft. Thanks for being my test gophers guys, it's the little things that we often miss.

Don, I am busier than a Catholic at Happy Hour on weekends, I don't know which way to turn. I have 2 runs in April, a birthday for my youngest, a wedding in Mooresville, NC, I'd like to go to the Blue-Gray meet, but one of the runs coincides. In May I have two runs, my VIR Rolex GrandAm HS reunion, another VIR event featuring a twilight Duathlon , in which I am doing the bicycle leg with a friend of mine doing the running. And, we have the Lynchburg Airshow with the Blue Angels. You going to be there?

However, I am free during the week most times, especially the first of the week (Monday and Tuesday). This week the boys are home on Spring Break, but they're grown lads now, so I can breakaway should I wish.

Caz

doublecool
March 27th, 2011, 06:36
Cazzie, fixes are up and a big Thank you :salute:

Fix for tire works perfect :jump:

Great engine sounds on this fun little plane too

IanHenry
March 27th, 2011, 07:08
Ok, thanks Cazzie, I'll re download it.

Ian

doublecool
March 27th, 2011, 14:14
Lovely :wavey:

Thank you Cazzie :salute:

Rami
March 28th, 2011, 09:19

DoubleCool brought to my attention about the missing landing light and sure enough, I left a layered .psd texture layer unchecked, that not only included the landing light, but the oil cap cover and the oil cap detail once the cover is opened! I did this to not one, but both aircraft's fuselage textures. Well, as fate would have it, when making new main textures for FSX, one has to make new spec textures also. So I made the replacement textures to amend my ways and just sent them up to SOH. You'll find them in the Warbird's Library under What's New if this link does not lead you: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=3&linkid=3800.

Also while browsing the VC, I also noticed that my fabric inserts did not show the seam lines. I found that problem too. I have not set my Blending Options on the layer to Multiply, so that the layer would meld to the texture and show the seams. I amended that also and included a new interior texture for each aircraft. Thanks for being my test gophers guys, it's the little things that we often miss.

Don, I am busier than a Catholic at Happy Hour on weekends, I don't know which way to turn. I have 2 runs in April, a birthday for my youngest, a wedding in Mooresville, NC, I'd like to go to the Blue-Gray meet, but one of the runs coincides. In May I have two runs, my VIR Rolex GrandAm HS reunion, another VIR event featuring a twilight Duathlon , in which I am doing the bicycle leg with a friend of mine doing the running. And, we have the Lynchburg Airshow with the Blue Angels. You going to be there?

However, I am free during the week most times, especially the first of the week (Monday and Tuesday). This week the boys are home on Spring Break, but they're grown lads now, so I can breakaway should I wish.

Caz

Cazzie,

I applied the update to the original package, modifying it and making a notation, including your note about contact points, so that now the corrected textures are included with the original download. I hope that you don't mind.

Thanks,

Bushpounder
March 28th, 2011, 17:27

Caz

Well if you ever get down this way during the week, let me know. I want to show you where we are going with the aviation gallery. I want to adopt some of your plastic kids for it too!! :)

Don

Cazzie
March 29th, 2011, 08:58
Well if you ever get down this way during the week, let me know. I want to show you where we are going with the aviation gallery. I want to adopt some of your plastic kids for it too!! :)

Don

Will not be this week Don, boys are on Spring Break. I have to take one to a dental speciaist in G'boro tomorrow and have to be with the wife Thursday, as she's having a bone density test. Have a 5K Run/Walk Saturday at the Goodyear Golf Club to work and will set up route cones and such Friday evening.

Today, I am just about 40 minutes away from heading out the door on my bike. Man, things just snowball on me when the boys are out! having to clean up after their feedings is enough! Teenagers! It's going to be the best day this week I'll have top ride. Cool, but I like it that way. And there is little wind, can't say that for the past month!

I'll run up Monday or Tuesday next week, which day works best for you. maybe get there in time for the two of us to go eat some beans too.

Caz

Bushpounder
March 29th, 2011, 14:26
Next week early would be great. Bring a plane or two so we can show off your work. I will not be able to grab any lunch. :( A week from this coming Monday I go for oral surgery, and it is pretty hard for me to eat right now. Really sucks!! Prefered ---> If you want to wait a few weeks, we can do that. I do need to get you up this way at some point and show you what is happening. I want you to be a part of this.

Don

doublecool
March 29th, 2011, 15:51
Reference bitte. I know, Airliners.net, but if you have any preferences? Understand, spats must be included, no way around it.

Caz

Cazzie I can see you have your hands full :wiggle: I have been flyin your new paint down under

A white with red for the Aussie Nation would be very nice... anytime you have a chance would be fine...:ernae:

Cazzie
March 29th, 2011, 17:36
That's cool Don, let's shoot for Monday week (April 11), when you can possibly have some vittles. Good luck on the oral surgery. I would say Tuesday, but you'll probably be sorer then than the day of the op.

Doublecool, I can see that entirely within the range of possibilities, perhaps a little Ozzie Blue and Red in the stripes with some Land of Oz markings. :ernae:

The one regret I have in my 64 years of living is that I never made it to your fine continent and nation. I have met many Ozzie cousins working bike races, particularly the Tour de Trump in its heyday. I feel more directly related to my Ozzie brethren than my UK brethren, because both of us are descendants of misfits and prisoners. :salute:

Caz

Bushpounder
March 29th, 2011, 18:43
I'll be out the week of the 11th. I'll keep you informed as to when I'll be back in and we'll do it then. Probably be after the 18th or so. This is really coming together well. LOTS of military following. Some war heros and very famous fliers. Good stuff!! Talk soon and thanks for the good luck. I'll need it! Good way to lose a few extra pounds! LOL!

Don