PDA

View Full Version : Don't ya just love the smell of brake fluid?

OBIO
March 21st, 2011, 17:29
Earlier today, I did installed new brake pads and a new right side brake rotor on the mini-van. Took it for a short drive to fully seat the pads....and the right side was smoking a bit...the darn caliper had frozen. So, call the father-in-law and ask for a ride. Back to the car parts store....good bye $131...hello to two new calipers and a new flexible brake line. Luckily $60 of that will come back once I take in the old calipers and brackets (core charge ya know). I have the right side bracket, caliper and flex line changed. Need to bleed the air from the line...then move on to the right side.

And next month I get the joy of doing a full rebuild on the rear brakes....and I really hate doing drum brakes.

OBIO

HouseHobbit
March 21st, 2011, 17:39
Boy, I know this, I have done a lot of brakes in my day.. And the old drum brakes are a pain..
I hope you can get it all sorted out my friend..
:salute: :salute: :salute:

Tracon
March 21st, 2011, 18:34
I quite fancy the smell of brake fluid, as well as hydraulic fluid, oils, and diesel.

The heavier, nastier, blacker the exhaust when we start up our tractors on a cold morning, the better.

bretnutz
March 21st, 2011, 20:08
..well you had to catch my eye with your post.

..Now you made me think of my youth when I had a 1970 Bug...and all the hands on work I did in 1979-1985 ..

...boy I miss all the trials and trouble...but the Fun of doing it all my self...

...I almost had a chance to buy a 1970 Type 3 Notchback a year or two ago...had my blood racing...but the body was too gone....:frown:

OBIO
March 21st, 2011, 20:54
...I almost had a chance to buy a 1970 Type 3 Notchback a year or two ago...had my blood racing...but the body was too gone....:frown:

Whose body was too gone...the VW's or yours? LOL!

OBIO