PDA

View Full Version : Listen: Secret Libya Psyops, Caught by Online Sleuths... Huub?

W. Bleddyn
March 21st, 2011, 17:26
I came across this interesting article about listening in on operations in Libya. What particularly caught my attention was this:

"...one Dutch radio geek is monitoring the airwaves for information about Operation Odyssey Dawn — and tweeting the surprisingly-detailed results. On Sunday alone, “Huub” has identified the tail numbers, call signs, and movements of dozens of NATO aircraft."

Dutch.... Huub.... sounds familiar ;)

huub vink
March 22nd, 2011, 02:28
Huub is a common name here in the Netherlands, especially in the south part of the Netherlands. It is short for Hubert of Hubertus. Hubert who is the Patron Saint of hunters was born in the city of Maastricht which is the most southern city from the Netherlands.

But I am not a radio geek and the only radio I listen to is "Classic Rock radio" and there is not much information about tail numbers there ;)

Cheers
(an other) Huub

kilo delta
March 22nd, 2011, 05:22
I came across this interesting article about listening in on operations in Libya. What particularly caught my attention was this:

"...one Dutch radio geek is monitoring the airwaves for information about Operation Odyssey Dawn — and tweeting the surprisingly-detailed results. On Sunday alone, “Huub” has identified the tail numbers, call signs, and movements of dozens of NATO aircraft."

Dutch.... Huub.... sounds familiar ;)

I'd been viewing those tweets....a little too detailed I thought and must have made an impact on Ops Sec.

kilo delta
March 27th, 2011, 15:18
This guy's still tweeting...amid calls for him to be shut down. I'm amazed he hasn't been silenced yet as he's basically telling the world,in more or less real time,what assets are being sent into theatre and when they go "tactical".