PDA

View Full Version : AT&T buying T-Mobile

aeromed202
March 20th, 2011, 18:59
(AP)
NEW YORK - AT&T Inc. said Sunday it will buy T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom AG in a cash-and-stock deal valued at $39 billion, becoming the largest cellphone company in the U.S.

Hope subscribers don't get hosed.

olaf1924
March 20th, 2011, 20:23
I do not know if this is good news or bad news. The good news for me is that my t-mobile contract expired last month.

Allen
March 20th, 2011, 21:36
I'm betting there geting fire hosed!

GypsyBaron
March 22nd, 2011, 19:04
I do not know if this is good news or bad news. The good news for me is that my t-mobile contract expired last month.

It is BAD news! VERY bad news!

I just dumped AT&T as my POTS supplier due to continued rate increases.

Now those $#^%^^$# are going to take over my cell service provider and, according to
articles I've read, terminate the T-Mobile low cost plans.

I only have a GSM cell so I can be reached when traveling pretty much anywhere in the
world without my local friends having to make a toll call to reach me on my international
cell with a Lichtenstein number.

I don't want or need a data plan. Something it appears AT&T is pushing as it makes the
most money for them. I don't want or need any iXXX device. I have 3 Motorola unlocked
cell phones that all use the same batteries and universal charger plus using the same
Motorola Phone Tools software.

I can't think of ANY reason why I would want any of AT&T's services. Ever! IMO they are the devil incarnate!

Giving consumers fewer options will never be a good thing.

Paul

stansdds
March 23rd, 2011, 02:11
Less competition is always bad news for the consumer.