PDA

View Full Version : Bristol - YAWN!

Cazzie
March 20th, 2011, 11:18
What is this? No wonder they are 30,000 fans short of a sellout. What are the drivers thinking about, the new point system? This is Bristol, fender-bender hall-of-fame! Where's the fender bending? Where are the crashes? Bor-ring! Jesus driveras, you have tose engones started, NASCAR has opened up racing, why aren.t you guys having at it. Think I'll go on a walkabout and come back and see who won, this is high-class opium putting me on the nod.

Caz

EasyEd
March 20th, 2011, 11:54
Hey All,

A yawner? Why would you say that? Jimmie is in the lead so definitely not a yawner. :bump:

Actually the reason Bristol is more boring is simple. It used to be a one to one and a half groove track. To pass you had to use the bumper unless the guy in front let you go. This went on the whole race as track position was so important. This lead to a lot of "action". Now you can race in 2 grooves or a bit more - no need to fight over position. Today the middle groove is working best but we'll see what happens at the end. Also the points system does make drivers more careful.

Here is the list of driver intro songs used at Bristol - check out your favorite. (I didn't see the intros and so don't know what Jimmie's was - will try to findout).

List of driver song choices for Bristol:

Marcos Ambrose – "Fuel" / Metallica
AJ Allmendinger – "Turn Around" / Flo Rida
Trevor Bayne – (Secret until Sunday)
Greg Biffle – "I Gotta Feeling" / Black Eyed Peas
Dave Blaney – Ohio State University fight song
Clint Bowyer – Theme from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Jeff Burton – "Welcome to the Jungle" / Guns N Roses
Kurt Busch – "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" / George Thorogood
Kyle Busch – "Rowdy Busch" / Raytona 500
Landon Cassill – "Never Gonna Give You Up" / Rick Astley
Dale Earnhardt Jr. – (Secret until Sunday)
Carl Edwards – Theme from Cheers
David Gilliland – "Wild Side" / Motley Crue
Jeff Gordon – "I Won't Back Down" / Tom Petty
Robby Gordon – TBD
Denny Hamlin – "Shipping Up To Boston" / Dropkick Murphys
Kevin Harvick – "Back In Black" / AC/DC
Jimmie Johnson – (Secret until Sunday ... being selected by Brian Vickers)
Kasey Kahne – "A Country Boy Can Survive" / Hank Williams Jr.
Matt Kenseth – "Nightmare" / Avenged Sevenfold
Brad Keselowski – "Friends In Low Places" / Garth Brooks
Travis Kvapil – "Song 2" / Blur
Bobby Labonte – "God Bless Texas" / Little Texas
Andy Lally – "Beat You Down" / Downstait
Joey Logano – "Opposite of Adults" / Chiddy Bang
Mark Martin – (Secret until Sunday)
Michael McDowell – "I Saw The Light" / David Crowder Band
Jamie McMurray – "Burn It To The Ground" / Nickelback
Casey Mears – "Regulate" / Warren G
Paul Menard – "Concrete Jungle" / Black Label Society
Juan Pablo Montoya – "Ladies And Gentlemen" / Saliva
Joe Nemechek – TBD
Ryan Newman – Theme to Dukes of Hazzard
David Ragan – "No More Mr. Nice Guy" / Alice Cooper
Tony Raines – TBD
David Reutimann – "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" / The Offspring
Dennis Setzer – TBD
Regan Smith – "Welcome To The Family" / Avenged Sevenfold
Tony Stewart – "Bawitaba" / Kid Rock
Martin Truex Jr. – "Homeboy" / Eric Church
Brian Vickers – (Secret until Sunday ... being selected by Jimmie Johnson)
JJ Yeley – TBD

Really like the choices of Kahne, Kurt Busch, Keselowski, Jeff Gordon, Ragan, Truex Jr - lots of good ones.

-Ed-

Cazzie
March 20th, 2011, 12:51
Yeah, but the King of Bristol held reign. :icon_lol:

Jimmie finally got a fine finish though and Martinsville is in two weeks, a track he owns with Denny Hamlin, who I hope can make a show there or anywhere soon. Kyle cannot drive Martinsville, that little paper clip is a one groove track and Kyle has to have more than one lane. Ditto for Carl Edwards, who has to be an odds-on favorite for the Chase for the Chump this year. However, Carl has a tough time with Martinsville and the road courses too.

But dang Ed, that Rowdy Busch can drive a race car. He may not be as smooth as JJ, but he is such a draw just to watch him race a car.

Caz

Daveroo
March 21st, 2011, 09:42
i know ive worn out this ( i used to drive crud) but from the view from a drivers stand point...i thought it was a good race.....had pleanty of lead changes early on,,no there wasnt a ton of them..but enough..and the last 50 laps were entertaining,,and competetive,,,i drove on a track out here in california that was allways a crashfest when we went there ( in sprint cars mind you) and it wasnt any fun to pay for the damage later...some fans love to see a car go flipping past the flag stand...but id rather see a car go past on all four with someone hot on his or her heels...

wombat666
March 22nd, 2011, 00:18
We've just returned from the Clipsal 500, run on the Adelaide Grand Prix circuit.
Two day event, Dry on Saturday, rain on and off Sunday.
On both days it was like a knife fight in a phone booth.
Dry or damp, at times there were several lead change EACH lap, and it was just as fierce from P1 down to P30.
Our group was down by one due to my youngest brother's misfortune but we had our usual excellent few 'boys days away' which was very welcome for me as well.
The GT round was good and even the 'Utes' entertained, while it was a great morale boost to see a smiling Jason Richards driving with his old fire in the 'Fujitsu' (Level 2 V8) round, despite his intense chemotherapy regime over the past 6 months.
One can never give up hope and Jase is an inspiration to other Cancer victims.
:ernae: