PDA

View Full Version : Open House AT VintageATC

VATC Kenny
December 3rd, 2008, 14:37
Hi:wavey:. My name is Kenny
VintageATC is a live ATC provider for the Flight Sim enthusiasts from the inexperienced to the most experienced pilots. Normally our servers are password protected, but on Friday the 5th 2008 at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:time Hour="18" Minute="0">18:00:00 PST </st1:time><st1:time Hour="21" Minute="0">21:00:00 EST</st1:time> we will be dropping our passwords and hosting an open house ATC session.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Our approach is to supply "global" ATC services to our pilots. This means our sessions will offer gate to gate ATC (ie. clearance delivery thru engine shutdown) to all our pilots any time they fly with us anywhere in the world they wish to fly. <HR><o:p></o:p>Session information:
Session Time: 18:00:00 PST 21:00:00 EST
Host server: VintageATC Session Server
Weather will be set on Server
Server Address: 75.48.107.97

<HR>
TeamSpeak Channel: 118.25 for Clearance Delivery
TeamSpeak server address: 75.48.107.97

You can also check us out on the web at http://www.vintageatc.com (http://www.vintageatc.com/)
If you have any question fill free to send me an email at senioradmin@vintageatc.com (senioradmin@vintageatc.com)

Thank you for your time.
VATC Kenny.

VATC Kenny
December 5th, 2008, 08:20
Hi Again. Just a quick remainder of our live ATC session.
If you have not flown under ATC before don't worry about it !
It is our view that ATC is there for the pilot not the pilot for ATC, so if you don't know all of the does and don't, out controllers will be more than glad to help.

Come and join us for VintageATC's Friday Night ATC Session.
All flight will be global. This means that you can fly from any departure airport to the any arrival airport of your choosing. The session will start at 18:00 PST, 21:00 EST and last 2 hours.

No passwords needed for tonight
Server adress: 74.48.107.97
Session Date: 12/05/08
Session Time: 18:00 PST 12:00 EST
Host Sever: VintageATC Session Server.
TeamSpeak Channel: 118.25 <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Lionheart
December 5th, 2008, 08:54
Thanks Kenny,

Sounds like good fun. VATSIM in the past had some scary results for me. Would be nice to get in some good 'relaxed' ATC flight time.

Bill

EDIT: Some things that were typically happeneing to me at VATSIM;

* Waiting for 20 min's for permission to taxi to the active
* "Never get onto the runway 'at' the stripes"
* "Never taxi without my telling you or I'll have you banned"
* "Always wait for permission to cross a Runway"
* "Never worry about crossing a Runway without permission, as they are supposed to tell you to hold when giving you taxi instructions"
* "Never enter LAX traffic at 200 knots. Why didnt you know that!"
* "Why didnt you contact me on Freq XXXX?"

Those were the days.. lol... eeeks! :eek:

Reddog
December 5th, 2008, 10:00
Vintage ATC is good place to start online flying with ATC I use it all the time. Besides the ATC sessions they do a lot of other fun things too. Some of the things are tours. So far they have done a RT66 tour, Alaska tour,Rocky Mountain tour, Nepal tour and the current one is for Europe.:applause:

srgalahad
December 5th, 2008, 14:24
As a retired controller most of the online ATC I've seen is too much like the real world (or "Pushing Tin").. almost all the focus and glory is on high-density IFR operations. Very little is high-density vfr/IFR mix at smaller but busy and challenging airports without all the amenities and normally, virtually none at VFR-only airports. Then again, I suppose that's like the rest of the FS world.. there are the tubeliner dreamers and the the free-flight pilots. I personally can't get interested in a dozen FS ATC systems who see JFK, LAX, EGLL as the be-all-and-end-all of real or simulated flying and ATC.

So, I turn MSFS ATC off and have yet to find an Sim ATC system that appeals...

Rob

VATC Kenny
December 5th, 2008, 23:47
Hi Again.

Our Friday Night live ATC session was blast:applause:
We will be hosting a live ATC session on Tuesday evening 12/08/08 at 17:00:00 PST 20:00:00 EST All flights Global.

Join us every Tuesday at 17:00 PST, 20:00 EST for a global ATC Session. Fly from any Departure airport to the Arrival airport of your choosing. All flight must be wheels down by 7:00 PM PST 10:00 EST.

Session date: Every Tuesday Night
Host Server: VintageATC Session Server.
Team Speak Channel: 118.25
Weather will be set by the server.
Server IP: 75.48.107.97
TeamSpeak IP: 75.48.107.97

Thank you for your time.
VATC Kenny
senioradmin@vintageatc.com

cheezyflier
December 6th, 2008, 06:39
i wish i could run teamspeak. it sounds like alot of fun.

Dangerousdave26
December 7th, 2008, 12:19
i wish i could run teamspeak. it sounds like alot of fun.

We have found that even on Dial up Team Speak works rather well. You will get some clipping but the sound quality is still workable.

The important thing is you have a Full duplex microphone. Most sound cards do not support this. The best mics for Team Speak are in your Web Cam. I have a Logitech and A Microsoft Web cam that have really good built in Mics that I use for Team Speak.