PDA

View Full Version : Great job cleaning up the default FSX aircraft

papab
March 18th, 2011, 03:07
For those of you that fly any of the default FSX aircraft:

Paul Craig posted over at flightSim new files that clean up the blurry FSX default aircraft....
Here is one link. Just search over the past several days in the FSX files in the library at FlightSim and you will find his posts. I installed all of them and am quite surprised on how the default aircraft look now...much cleaner

http://www.flightsim.com/newfiles/fsx/fsx30.htm

Rick

Mathias
March 18th, 2011, 03:57
Interesting that some still get blurries with the default 1024 pixel resolution textures.
His before- after shots clearly show that he's running on something like texture_max_load=512.
The "fix" are just the default textures saved without mipmaps.
Setting texture_max_load to 1024 would have the same effect without the risk of getting jagged edges when zooming out.

Daube
March 18th, 2011, 05:21
Even if you set the texture_max_load to 1024, if you video card sucks or if it's not configured properly (like, anisotropic filtering not set, or filtering quality set to "performance", or stuff like that), it will not display the textures correctly.

I never ever had any blurry textures like in the "before" shot in the archive, even with my old 6800GT or my 8800GTX. Of course the situation is the same with my GTX480 now. As long as the video card is configured properly in the drivers, there should be no blurries on the planes.

heywooood
March 18th, 2011, 06:41
you know, when I looked at those before / after screens - it looked like he had the in game global textures set at less than full in the 'before'...and the 'after' shot looked no better than what you get with the same setting on full right slider.

I thought it was a gimmick or worse...

pass

Bruce Thompson
March 18th, 2011, 07:48
I downloaded them all and it took awhile to copy them into the aircraft texture folders, but they are all sharper on my system they look a lot better.

My System is:

Phenom 11 945 @3.2gig on an Asus Socket M3 Mobo.

4gig 1066 Ram

2x1TB Samsung Hdd's

Asus ATI 5770 Grapic's Card.

1000 watt PSU.

ryanbatc
March 18th, 2011, 08:29
Interesting that some still get blurries with the default 1024 pixel resolution textures.
His before- after shots clearly show that he's running on something like texture_max_load=512.
The "fix" are just the default textures saved without mipmaps.
Setting texture_max_load to 1024 would have the same effect without the risk of getting jagged edges when zooming out.

+1 I don't have any problems like his "before" shots - and my card is very dated (8800GT 512mb)