PDA

View Full Version : Edge 540

swimeye
December 3rd, 2008, 13:23
I dont think this has been covered here at Sim-outhouse forums before and if it has i think it is worth repeating for those who missed it.

There is a very nice Edge 540 available for fs2004 at this location:
http://www.designforum.stumbles.ch/index.php?topic=933.0

You will have to register to be able to download it, at the same site there is also a couple of nice repaints. It comes with a special program that increases the rollrate which makes it very fun to fly. Well worth the download especially if you are in to acrobatic planes.

Here is a youtube clip of it in action:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fSYAsn65P1E

Go get it and have fun :jump:

IVANOW
December 3rd, 2008, 14:31
There is 1 in Simviation , Search Edge 540 .
Not knowing if it is the same .

hews500d
December 3rd, 2008, 18:22
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I knew I should have paid more attention to my German teacher in High School.. I can't get logged on :banghead:

Darrell

swimeye
December 3rd, 2008, 21:25
IVANOW: It is not the same as the one at Simviation, that is an older model.

hews500d: I hade some difficulties too, it seemed that the script that generated a small code at the bottom of the screen did not worked all the times, it is where there is a few numbers were ou should add and subtract to get a correct answer. The first time i went there it jist said "+-=" and the numbers were missing so i could not register, try update the browser if that error occurs.

hews500d
December 4th, 2008, 05:06
I finally got registered! Haven't got to fly it yet but expect I will tonight :applause:

Darrell

swimeye
December 4th, 2008, 07:11
congratulations Darrell! :jump:

DaveKDEN
December 4th, 2008, 09:14
Lots of help needed registering here! My wife (who took German in high school) can't even figure it out.

DaveKDEN
December 4th, 2008, 10:16
Finally got it

Flyboy208
December 4th, 2008, 10:44
It's a blast Guys, got a Kirby Chambliss and Steve Jones repints for it. Will post some pics tonight.

Mike :wavey:

DaveKDEN
December 4th, 2008, 10:47
It's a blast Guys, got a Kirby Chambliss and Steve Jones repints for it. Will post some pics tonight.

Mike :wavey:

Nevermind - finally got it

PS; I had to use firefox to finally get the correct registration done. My latest version of IE is having lots of problems lately.

HELITECH
December 4th, 2008, 11:37
Nice plane! but i only have FSX (SP2) and i just wanted to know how to fix the black windows in VC.. can somebody help me?:mixedsmi:

Ferry_vO
December 4th, 2008, 15:36
Had to try umpteen times to get through the registration section, but finally made it! Well worth the try I have to say. It's a great aircraft to throw around the skies, but empty the fuel tanks first (I fly with about 15-20% total) other wise it will stall if you look at your joystick too hard. There's a program included to change the rollrate of the aircraft but it requires a registred version of FSUIPC to function, but the aircraft will fly just fine without.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/Edgy_01.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/Edgy_02.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/Edgy_03.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/Edgy_04.jpg

:d :applause:

Flyboy208
December 4th, 2008, 16:57
Nice pics Ferry, I agree it is alot of fun, but can be a handful. I have the Flight Factory Simulations Extra 300L, so I alised the sounds to it. Much better than the default Extra 300.

All it needs is a better smoke system. The smoke disappears too quickly. Some shots with the Steve Jones repaint.

Cheers! Mike :ernae:

IVANOW
December 4th, 2008, 17:10
Thank You swimeye .

Quicksand jr
December 5th, 2008, 07:44
okay, I'm pretty sure I'm sure I'm registured. Now, how do I actually down load the aircraft?:redf:........ this is confusing:banghead:, is there a way to change the language from german to english?:mixedsmi:

Tom Clayton
December 5th, 2008, 09:26
Google's Language Tools page has an option to re-work web pages.

TomSteber
December 5th, 2008, 09:30
okay, I'm pretty sure I'm sure I'm registured. Now, how do I actually down load the aircraft?:redf:........ this is confusing:banghead:, is there a way to change the language from german to english?:mixedsmi:

No kidding! I'd like to get my hands on this one too. I tried that registration and felt like a two year old banging anything out there at the end.

Maybe someone could tell us lessers how or what to put where?

hews500d
December 5th, 2008, 09:57
From the above link it'll take you straight to the page to create a signon and password. Fill in the blanks at the bottom where it has the security features, (there will be 2 spaces, one where you have to enter the text as it's displayed in the box above it and the 2nd one is a math problem to answer. For some reason I couldn't use a yahoo email address, had to use my AOL address. After you register a link will be emailed to your email addy for you to click to activate the account. From there if I remember correctly you can sign on and I think the link posted here will take you straight to the message forum that has the download link in the first post.

Darrell

TomSteber
December 5th, 2008, 13:49
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Maybe it'll show up on one of the usual sites sometime. I just end up getting frustrated. Sometimes I think I'm registered and then I think I'm not. I think I'll go back to work and think about flying a Pitts instead! :costumes:

VPL Paolo Lao
December 5th, 2008, 16:51
Page translator would be useful:icon_lol: but already got it! great stuff, smooth VC gauges too.

Tom Clayton
December 5th, 2008, 21:48
Holy crap!!! AndI thought the default Extra was a handfull! This thing comes with some app that, apparently is supposed to accelerate the roll rate of aerobatic planes. I left that out and still get roll rates better than one full turn per second! And once I was able to make a steady turn, I cranked in over 7 G's!!! :isadizzy: I'm gonna need lots of practice with this one!:costumes:

NAMBUS
December 8th, 2008, 00:24
This is an excellent model.
Make sure that you check out the repaints section on the site as well.
There are another four very nice repaints for it there.
I know what you mean Tom.
It's a wild ride alright but that's as it should be for this type of craft.

Txmmy83
December 10th, 2008, 02:22
one of the best aerobaticplanes ever in FS9
they have a paintkit on their site !
will do a paint soon!

BR
Tom
Simaerobatic

stoney71
December 10th, 2008, 09:00
I can't get logged in either, does anyone know German well enough to ask if they could put this plane on one of the usual American sites like Simviation, or AVSIM.

Txmmy83
December 10th, 2008, 09:24
I am german speaking and will ask them !
but I think that Iam not be able to do so until weekend (school needs my attention!)

BR
Tom
Simaerobatic

TomSteber
December 10th, 2008, 09:42
I can't get logged in either, does anyone know German well enough to ask if they could put this plane on one of the usual American sites like Simviation, or AVSIM.

Dido!

Txmmy83
December 10th, 2008, 09:58
ok have changed the plan !
have just send the author of the plane a PM in their forum!

BR
Tom
Simaerobatic

Txmmy83
December 10th, 2008, 12:28
get this info direct from the author a new version is in development
this new version will be available at avsim too !

also he works on an FSX version!

BR
Tom
Simaerobatic

b24_witchcraft
December 10th, 2008, 12:43

BR
Tom
Simaerobatic
That's great news to hear!! Thanks for letting us know that. :)

TomSteber
December 10th, 2008, 14:02
:jump::applause::applause::applause::jump:

Corsair 14F
December 10th, 2008, 14:20

BR
Tom
Simaerobatic

Yep many thanks to you and to the Author I've been trying to get through the registration process well...to grab the plane mainly (one could safely assume that my contribution to the author's website/forum would have been minimal given my total unability to speak/write german... )

stoney71
December 12th, 2008, 13:19

BR
Tom
Simaerobatic

From all of us non-German speaking folks, thanks for getting in touch with the author for us ! ! ! Did he happen to tell you when the new version might be available. :ernae:

Txmmy83
December 13th, 2008, 09:24
he hopes that their will be more time around christmas/newyear to work on the new version

but I think when it will be as good as the current version it is definately worth the wait!!!

BR
Tom
Simaerobatic