PDA

View Full Version : Lt. Cdr. Shigeharu Murata's B5N2 "AI-311" stock repaint uploaded!

kelticheart
March 17th, 2011, 04:40
A good day to everybody and best wishes to all survivors of Japan's disastrous earthquake.

I just uploaded an original Pearl Harbour era repaint of stock overhauled B5N2 "AI-311", carrier Akagi, 1st wave Torpedo Bomber Force. Flown by Hikotaicho, which I believe corresponds to the Allied Wing Leader role, Lt. Cdr. Shigeharu Murata, 1st wave Torpedo Bomber Force Leader, credited with a torpedo hit on the USS West Virginia. Murata was also the Torpedo Force leader at Midway.

I got this idea from the attached profile I found over at Wings Palette website and I shouldn't say original repaint. As all the other Pearl IJN plane skins I uploaded, I used the Kate clean stock green camo livery with bits and pieces of all other Kate touchups I did, more specifically Smashing Time's Fuchida repaint.

This time there are also a few extra details I got from Talos2005's repaints of Thicko's Kate series. I am speaking of the red outlined the bottom side wing tanks and upper flaps.

I also included Watts' realistic Flight Model (aircraft.cfg and airfile) with additional modifications for better AI performance, that is reduced airfile MoI values by 60% in record 1001.

I want to dedicate this CFS2 repaint to all SOH Japanese friends, hoping they did not and will not suffer any personal or family losses in last week horrible quake.

Enjoy!
KH :ernae:

Rami
March 17th, 2011, 07:38
Kelti,

This is outstanding, as always. Thank you for your effort! :salute:

Jagdflieger
March 17th, 2011, 09:54
Thanks KH! I'll dress up the old Kate tonight with her new clothes. She's even wearing green for Saint Patrick's Day!

kelticheart
March 18th, 2011, 00:53
Thank you, my friends!

I am sorry but I posted yet another typo, something that's happened rather often lately because I am doing things in too much hurry. It's either my fault or I need to replace my keyboard!

"...I am speaking of the red outlined the bottom side wing tanks and upper flaps...." should read "... I am speaking of the red outlined bottom side wing tanks and upper flaps..." instead.

I even forgot yesterday was St. Paddy's Day: not bad for a "kelticheart".....aaahhh, the beauty of aging......!

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

PomBee
March 18th, 2011, 10:00
Sweeeet, Kelti. Thank you so much.

PomBee.:salute::salute::salute: