PDA

View Full Version : Throttle control

gosd
March 15th, 2011, 16:39
I have a Logitech Force 3D Pro Joystick .When I use the throttle in there is no progression ,the throttle goes from 50% to 100% only.
I cannot put it on 10%,20%,30%,40%.....etc.
How can I get a more progressive throttle control?
Thanks.

Autothrottle
March 15th, 2011, 22:09
I have a Logitech Force 3D Pro Joystick .When I use the throttle in there is no progression ,the throttle goes from 50% to 100% only.
I cannot put it on 10%,20%,30%,40%.....etc.
How can I get a more progressive throttle control?
Thanks.

I have a Genius Maxfighter F-16U controller ant it too has issues dealing wih progressive throttle control. have you used any keyboard commands along with it yet? Isnt there someway to do this via keyboard and joystick together?

OldCrow
March 15th, 2011, 23:21
I'd try to calibrate the throttle in Windows 1st of all. When you do this, it should show as an axis, or slider.

It should be an axis in the sim also, but it sounds like the game is seeing it as buttons. Seems really odd that it would.

BeauBrummie
March 16th, 2011, 14:19
Sounds like you best starting point Gosd. I have a Logitech Cyborg evo force and it has no problem with throttle progression. Yours looks cool! :cool:

gosd
March 16th, 2011, 21:34
I'd try to calibrate the throttle in Windows 1st of all. When you do this, it should show as an axis, or slider.

It should be an axis in the sim also, but it sounds like the game is seeing it as buttons. Seems really odd that it would.

How is this done exactly? I fumbled with the settings for a while but with no success.
I need help!

OldCrow
March 16th, 2011, 23:20
Do this in windows(have CFS3 Off)...
1-Go to your "game controllers" (It's in ="Start" then "Control Panel")
2-click the controller and select "properties" button
3-click the "settings" tab in the upper left corner
4-click the "calibrate" button
5-follow the steps there carefully

The red bar should move with the slider.

Hope this helps...let me know.

gosd
March 17th, 2011, 21:49
I am sorry but those settings are different in win7.
Having trouble figuring the d....... think out!

OldCrow
March 17th, 2011, 23:11
I am sorry but those settings are different in win7.
Having trouble figuring the d....... think out!
Oh, sorry...I didn't think they'd be different. I'm unfamiliar with Win7.

BeauBrummie
March 18th, 2011, 03:02
You can also do it from within CFS3, which is what I often do. Start game. Drop down Options menu. Select Control Options. The Control Options dialogue box appears. Under joystick type you'll see a calibrate button. Click it. At this point I get a Game Controllers dialogue box up. Select your joystick and then click the Properties button. Then you'll see the stick properties box. Here you should be able to test your stick. I use Vista, so maybe Win7 will not be that different with CFS3.

gosd
March 24th, 2011, 14:48
Hello Beau,still no success,when in the stick properties box and testing the throttle on the stick I only get two positions: 50% and 100%. How can I make this setting a progessive one ?
Thanks.

OldCrow
March 24th, 2011, 23:31
Hello Beau,still no success,when in the stick properties box and testing the throttle on the stick I only get two positions: 50% and 100%. How can I make this setting a progessive one ?
Thanks.
I've never heard of this before. At least we know it's not CFS3 causing it, it's just the stick it seems.

Do you have the Logitech software installed...if so, is it updated?

gosd
March 25th, 2011, 02:33
Yes I have the 5.10.127 (2010-06-14) profiler and driver versions.They seem to be the latest.

OldCrow
March 25th, 2011, 02:55
Yes I have the 5.10.127 (2010-06-14) profiler and driver versions.They seem to be the latest.
Hmmmm, well I'm about out of ideas. I know those sticks are known for some problems, I went through 2 of them in 6 months or so and changed to a Thrustmaster T6000. I never had problems with the throttle though.