PDA

View Full Version : Help - Aircraft still creaps forward with zero throttle!

SirBenn21
March 14th, 2011, 20:01
You can see my hardware in my signature.

I use FSUIPC 4 to assign my axis on my HOTAS. The strange thing is that all aircraft with zero throttle still moves like it has a small amount of power applied. I have also pressed the F1 key and it has no effect.

Any ideas?

I also have blurries at the moment. It started after I installed UTX Europe. Which I've since removed with no cure to the blurries. The first time ever in 3 years. You can't even read the text in the menu bar. :angryfir:

Thanks

Ben

warchild
March 14th, 2011, 20:25
i can only suggest something to try. No guarantee it'll work, but check your throttle sensitivity and perhaps lower it, or if that isnt a good idea, create a small "null zone " in the joystick properties..

fliger747
March 14th, 2011, 20:29
Search and install the small utility AFSD by Herve Sors, this is usefull for evaluating many things going on in your plane. The "engine" tab will tell just how much HP/Thrust is being applied. Most likely re-calibrate your joystick/throttle. But could be something else.

Good Luck: T

CG_1976
March 15th, 2011, 00:03
Hum my Iris C27 love's to creep. Back to installing the CRJ VC in this baby hurk.

mal998
March 15th, 2011, 09:21
Which plane?

GunnyG
March 15th, 2011, 09:32
Do you set the parking brake?

I also like to play with the prop pitch (where applicable), to include reversing pitch, to back up the aircraft (when possible).

SirBenn21
March 15th, 2011, 10:39
Which plane?

Most of my planes

SirBenn21
March 15th, 2011, 10:40
Do you set the parking brake?

I also like to play with the prop pitch (where applicable), to include reversing pitch, to back up the aircraft (when possible).

Maybe, but I've never had this problem before?!?

Ben

Helldiver
March 15th, 2011, 12:53
Your apparently are sitting on an incline. Always use your parking brake. If you were starting at Skyhaven Airport in Rochester, New Hampshire the runway drops 90 feet in 4800 feet.. Your darn near airborne without even touching the throttle.
Just watch out for skiiers.

mal998
March 15th, 2011, 12:59
If it's happeneing on most of your planes, it is most likely a throttle issue.

Have you calibrated your throttle lately?

What kind of throttle are you using?

Navy Chief
March 15th, 2011, 14:24
The FS KBT P-3C Orion is real bad to do the creeping thing....

mal998
March 15th, 2011, 15:29
remember, turbo props will creep if you don't adjust the prop condition to idle.

fliger747
March 16th, 2011, 10:08
As mentioned earlier, the only real way to find out exactly what is going on is to collect some real time data (AFSD etc). Real aircraft will often "creep" at idle thrust. FS9 had a coeficent of static friction that was too high, FSX has one that is perhaps slightly low.

Cheers: T